5

"Alright you lovely humans, you all know what this website is, right?" Colby asked, pointing up at the screen that was connected to his laptop.

"This is that YouTuber tracking website, right? Social Blade?" asked Kat.

"Yes. It essentially tracks your success as a YouTuber with rankings and grades and scores and live counts and future casting and predictions and whatnot," Colby said.

"Hell yeah, I get to see my 1.5 mil on the big screen," said Jake, putting his arms behind his head and leaning back.

"No. You don't," Colby said.

"You brought us in here to brag about how you hit 3.5 million? Dude, I'm getting there, okay?" Jake said.

"Jake. Shut up," I said, turning to look at him. He didn't look happy with me for saying that, but didn't say anything else.

"I'm showing a different number. A much bigger number," Colby said.

"Quit with the foreshadowing!" Tara said.

"Yeah, just show us," said Dev.

"Okay, okay. Close your eyes," Colby said. "Just do it," he instructed when everyone looked at him like he was crazy. They all covered their faces or closed their eyes and the room was silent except for the sound of Colby typing on his keyboard. "You guys ready for this?"

"Yes," said Sam.

"No, you're not," I said quietly.

"Open!" Colby exclaimed. I looked over at Sam when I opened my eyes, not even bothering to look up at what I knew was on the screen. Sam had been smiling when he took his hands off of his eyes, but the corners from his lips had relaxed and his jaw dropped open. He stared at the bright screen, eyes wide, his hands frozen in the air.

"Dude!" Sam said in a breathy voice. "Dude!" he repeated, yelling now. "DUDE!" he screamed, hopping up. He spun around to face Colby, who had a giant smile on his face. "Did... is this, there's no way that w-we—,"

"We did it, brother," Colby said, nodding as he spoke to confirm his words. I turned back to look at the screen, which said 10,000,069.

"Hah. Sixty nine," Jake said. Everyone suddenly broke into conversations, squeals and laughs and congratulatory vocalizations filling the room. I didn't say anything, though. I was too focused on watching Sam and Colby.

Colby put his hands on top of his head and kept smiling while shaking his head in disbelief. Sam clasped his hands together and put them in front of his mouth, his eyes tinged with a pink color.

"Come here, man," Colby said. Sam laughed and ran over to give Colby a giant hug. I couldn't help but smile as I watched them rock back and forth with smiles on their faces and disbelief in their eyes.

"Thank you, Nessa," said Corey. I turned around to see him standing next to me holding his arms out for a hug of his own.

"Aw, of course Corey," I said, giving him the hug. "And thank you. You know you had a bigger part in this than I did."

"That is complete and utter bullshit, but I'll let you think whatever you want to," Corey said.

"Ah, my brethren," Jake said as he walked up to us. He stood to the side of Corey and I and wrapped his arms around both of us while we were still hugging, the three of us in an awkward embrace.

"Love you, mama," Jake said, planting a short kiss on top of my head. The girls came over and joined in, Sam and Colby following not long after. We all stood together for a minute, our arms wrapped around each other while some of us softly laughed and others cried happy tears.

"You know what this means, right?" Colby asked.

"A lot of things. What in particular?" asked Sam.

"It's time to make another series," said Colby.

"Oh, fuck yeah!" I said. I'd only been on the first series trip with them. We'd travelled together since and filmed a few vlogs, but we had yet to film another full series since the asylum.

"I've looked up a few places to go but I thought that I could make a Twitter poll and we can let the fans decide," said Colby. "Here, let me pull it up."

Colby took out his phone and went to his Twitter drafts, pulling up a poll with four options. "Okay, so there's Centralia in Pennsylvania where we filmed Stranded for Snapchat. I know a lot of people thought that was pretty cool. Then we have Winchester Mansion which Sam did a video on not too long ago. The place is like a hotspot for ghost communications. I also found this place in Florida called Coral Castle where some dude made these whack ass sculptures out of real coral and it's supposedly haunted for some reason. And the last one is Ed Gein's old house," Colby explained.

"Ed Gein?" asked Jake.

"No. Absolutely not. We are not going to Ed Gein's house," I said, stepping away from the group.

"Why not?" asked Colby.

"Have you done any research on the guy whatsoever?" I asked.

"Yes. That's what was on my computer that I didn't want you to see. I didn't know you knew who he was, though. I wanted it to be a surprise," said Colby.

"Okay, well I don't know who he is. What's the big deal about him?" asked Corey.

"He was a serial killer," said Colby.

"What, that's all you're going to say? Yes, he was a serial killer. But he's also known as the 'grandfather of gore' and the 'butcher of plainfield'. Dude would kill people and then hack up their bodies and do gross shit with them. He'd make chairs upholstered with human skin and make bowls out of skulls. Weird and terrifying stuff like that. Henry Cotton at least had some sort of intention to help his victims. Gein just killed and mutilated for sport," I said.

"Okay, well if you think it's that terrible, then other people probably will, too. I'll just leave it in there and it'll probably lose by a lot. Is that okay?" Colby asked. I sighed. This still wasn't my channel, it was theirs even though I was a part of it.

"Yes, of course it's okay. But if it actually wins, I might not go with you guys. Like, really. The entire concept of that guy creeps me the fuck out," I said.

"Okay, fair enough. I just wanted to give them more options, so they felt like they were really choosing this for us, which they are," said Colby.

"Wait, isn't he the guy the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was based off of?" asked Sam.

"Yup," said Colby.

"No. I mean technically yes, but there was not a single thing consistent between Leatherface and Gein other than the fact that, like, twice ever Gein wore a person's face as a mask," I said. "If you look it up, almost every single movie site literally states that they just used Gein's name to make it sound scarier and more realistic since people love horror movies based off of true events."

"It probably won't even get 5% of the votes, baby. There's nothing to worry about," Colby said, kissing my cheek.

an: y'all like my shitty edited tweet at the top? lmaoo