54

*back to nessa's pov*

"You excited to go home today?" asked Dan, the nurse that had been taking care of me for the past month I'd been in the LA hospital.

"Yes. I'm so ready. I've hardly even walked in the last two months," I said.

"Hey, did you happen to tell anyone you were leaving today?" Dan asked.

"I tweeted yesterday saying I'd be home soon, but not the specific day. Why?" I asked.

"Because there's been an entourage of people waiting outside the front of this hospital since midnight," said Dan.

"What?" I asked.

"Like, dozens of people. You weren't kidding about having a lot of fans, huh?" he asked.

"Nope. They're really great," I said.

"So are you. I'm really surprised you bounced back so quickly and how positive you've stayed through all of this," he said.

"I lived. There's nothing better than that," I said.

"Hey, Nessa, can I ask you one thing before you go? Since it's your last day?" he asked.

"Of course, anything," I said.

"What happened? Like, really?" he asked. I gave him a sad smile and shook my head.

"Dan, I wholeheartedly have told you the truth. It was a ghost or a spirit or something. There wasn't a person there, just something that was able to make physical contact with me," I said.

"You swear?" he asked.

"On everything," I said.

"Well shit. Maybe I need to rethink my whole perspective on the paranormal," he replied.

"Hey, believe in whatever you want. But you asked for the truth, and that's what I gave you," I said.

"Well, thank you for the honesty and for being such a pleasant patient. I'll miss having you around here, but I'm really happy for you to finally get back to your life," said Dan.

"Thank you. For everything," I said.

"Of course. Jack will be in here soon to get you all checked out and ready to go home," said Dan.

"Okay. Bye, Dan," I said.

"Bye, Nessa," he replied.

I waited in my bed for a little bit, buzzing with excitement that I'd finally get to leave. My other nurse, Jack, came in not too much later with a clipboard filled with paperwork and a bag with some clothes Devyn had brought for me to change into.

"Alright, you get to sign your name about six hundred times and then you'll be all good to go," said Jack. It took an hour to finish the paperwork, but it felt like so much longer because of how excited I was to leave.

I finally finished and went into the bathroom. I'd had to cut my hair short, so it now barely dusted my shoulders. The police never found even a single hair of mine at the scene, but at least two inches had been chopped off.

Devyn had done a wonderful job of picking out a good outfit. I pulled on the ripped black skinny jeans, a black and white checkered tube top, and some white pumps before emerging from the bathroom. I was a little self conscious of the thick scar that ran down to just above my belly button, but embracing it was the best way to heal emotionally.