15

"Fartgoblin! Get up!" Tara yelled from upstairs.  

                "They just get more and more creative, don't they?" I asked Kat.

                "Sure do," she giggled. We looked back down at the recipe Kat had pulled up on her phone.

                "Okay, four eggs if we're doubling the recipe," I said. She walked over to the fridge that had turned out to be already stocked for us and got out some eggs.

                "Good morning, ladies. What are we making?" Kevin asked, walking into the kitchen.

                "Pancakes," said Kat, cracking one of the eggs into a bowl.

                "You ready for these ice castles?" asked Kevin.

                "So ready. I'm fucking stoked. It's going to be so cool!" said Kat.

                "More like so cold," I laughed.

                "It's Wisconsin. How cold could it be?" asked Kat.

                "Uh, very? If there's a fucking ice castle?" Kevin countered.

                "Girl's from Canada," I reminded him.

                "Right," said Kevin.

                "Hey, did one of you guys move my backpack?" Reggie asked, walking into the room to stand next to Kevin.

                "Yes. It's on the couch. You left it on the stove. Not a great place for a backpack," I said. Reggie rolled his eyes.

                "I wasn't aware we would be holding culinary classes," he replied, walking over to the couch.

                "No pancakes for you, then," Kat said.

                "Woah, hold on. Let's not be too extreme here," Reggie said.

                "What do you need out of your backpack?" Kevin asked, walking over to join Reggie by the couch.

                "Socks," Reggie said, digging through it.

                "Why aren't your socks in your suitcase?" Kevin asked.

                "Because these are my special socks and I wanted to have them on me in case my checked suitcase got lost at the airport. You know, the airport we didn't end up even going to," said Reggie.

                "Special socks? What, do they have pictures of Cassie on them? Kevin asked.

                "Who gets socks with their girlfriend's face on them?" Reggie asks.

                "Who has socks so special they have to be kept separate from the rest?" Kevin retorted.

                "I just like these socks, okay?" Reggie said. I looked up to Reggie pull out a pair of white socks with some black spots on them.

                "Are those fucking—," Kevin started to say. He couldn't finish his sentence though, because he was laughing too hard. Kevin slapped his knee a couple of times, his loud laughter echoing through the house.

                "Shut up, Kevin," Reggie said, quickly stuffing the socks in his back pocket.

                "Okay, now you have to show us your 'special socks'," said Kat, giggling along with Kevin's infectious laugh.