17

"Hey dummy, get up," I whispered into Colby's ear. "Come on. We're leaving at six and it's already 5:45. You slept through two alarms."

"Mmm," he groaned. Some things never change.

"Fine, I guess I'll just take Kevin instead of you," I said, walking away from the bed.

"You wouldn't," Colby mumbled into the pillow.

"Want to bet?" I asked. Colby didn't answer, appearing to have fallen back asleep. Ugh. I don't know how Sam dealt with this for so long. I walked down the hall a little bit and knocked on Kevin's door.

"Sugar K is sleeping. What do you need?" he called from the other side of the door.

"No one calls you that. Do you want to come with us?" I ask. The words had barely come out of my mouth when I heard Kevin's feet drop onto the floor and thunder over to the door.

"Come with you? Yeah, yes, of course, totally. I mean, if you want me to. Not that I don't want to. I do want to. I just—,"

"Shut it, Langue. We leave in fifteen," I said.

"Why is Kevin fangirling?" I heard Reggie ask from behind me. I turned to see a half-awake Reggie standing in the doorframe opposite of Kevin's, rubbing his eyes.

"Cause. I get to do stuff," Kevin said obnoxiously. He quickly closed his door, undoubtedly busying himself with the task of preparing for the day.

"Aw, hell. You want to come?" I asked.

"What? Where?" Reggie asked.

"The house. Can't be too scary on the first day," I said.

"Yeah, actually. I'd love to come with you guys," said Reggie. "Is Tara coming, though?"

"Well... I guess I might as well just invite everyone to start off with," I sighed. I knew the guys wouldn't mind since I was the reason we had another six full days in Wisconsin. We would still have two or three extra days to kill if everything worked out like we both hoped and assumed it would.

I made my way back into the room Colby and I had slept in and texted everyone in the group chat we had.

Nessa: everyone's invited for day one. we leave at 6:30 to give everyone some time to get ready. see y'all out front in about half an hour.

Kev: already heading downstairs

Reg: I'll be down at 6:30 like a normal person

Tara: fuck yeah, I'm in

Kat: oh boy... okay. I guess I'll come just for the first day

Dev: I really don't want to, but I also really don't want to stay here alone so I'll be down with Corey

"This should be fun," Colby said, pulling on some jeans.

"Was that supposed to be sarcastic or no?" I asked.

"No, it really should be fun. It'll get real interesting. Devyn hates this stuff but the rest of the girls have never gotten anywhere near it. Kev's been wanting to do this forever and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see how much skill he's got for this kind of stuff. And Reggie... well, I don't know. Reggie's Reggie. He makes things pretty fun," Colby said.