47

"Okay, so what do you need done?" Devyn asked Kat.

"Simple full face with a bold red lip," said Kat.

"You need your hair curled too, right? I can do that while she's doing your makeup," Tara offered.

"Perfect. Nessa, do you want to go put on your costume and throw a hoodie or something over it and leave the accessories until it's time to go?" asked Devyn.

"Sounds good," I said. I made my way into the master bedroom and took my shopping bags into the bathroom with me. I changed out of my clothes and pulled on the tight leather bodysuit, taking off the bra I'd been wearing since the neckline in the middle was a deep V that ended at the bottom of my cleavage. I grabbed the white dress shirt I'd bought and grabbed some scissors out of my backpack and got to work.

I trimmed off the collar just enough to leave the first button on so I'd still be able to fasten it around my neck. I did the same thing with the sleeves, cutting them off after the button to be able to put them around my wrists. I'd ditched the glove idea so I could just do this. I pulled the bowtie out of Colby's Forever 21 bag and laced it around my neck before realizing I had no idea how to tie it.

I spent the next thirty minutes of my life following a YouTube tutorial on how to tie a bowtie, and it took about eight tries before I was able to perfect it. I'd tied it over the shirt collar and then buttoned the cuffs around my wrists. I'd wait for the ears, tail, and shoes until later.

I went back out to the room and took the biggest hoodie Colby had brought and pulled it on over my costume. I cinched the strings tightly and tied them in a bow to hide the bowtie and shirt collar.

I walked back into the bathroom the girls were in to see Tara now sitting in front of Devyn, getting her blue and pink eyeshadow done.

"Well so much for your costume being a surprise," I said.

"Hey, the boys won't know. They're clueless," said Tara.

"No kidding," I said.

"Can you help me spray this blonde onto my hair?" Kat asked. Her hair was in short, tight curls and teased a little bit.

"The 80s called. They want their hair back," I said. "I'm just playing, I'll help you."

Kat sat down on the edge of the bathtub since Tara was sitting on the closed toilet so Devyn could reach her face. I opened the bottle of temporary hair dye and got to work covering the bright blue curls all over her head, which took a solid 20 minutes.

By the time Kat was a blonde, it was my turn to get my makeup done. Tara took Kat's place on the bathtub's edge and Kat started spraying Tara's hair blonde as well, making the tips of her hair pink on one side and blue on the other.

"Okay, so what are we going for here? I have no idea what your costume is," said Devyn.

"Just give me full glam. I'm thinking a black and grey smoky eye and baby pink lips," I said.

"Eyeliner? Do you want any?" she asked.

"Yes, do some wings," I replied.

"Can do," Devyn said. It only took her about 30 minutes to do a full face, which was something I was incredibly jealous of. She put some of her own lashes onto me and then let me look in the mirror.