26

It took four full rolls of paper towels and two hours to completely clean up the mess we'd made, but it was honestly worth it. We hadn't all played around like that before, and it was honestly one of the most fun things I'd ever done in my entire life.

                "Maybe we should come with you guys more often," Devyn said.

                "I promise it is not usually like this," I laughed.

                "Okay, fair point," she laughed.

                "So, who's coming with us to the house tomorrow for our first day of creepy stuff?" asked Jake.

                "Nope," said Kat and Tara at the same time.

                "Not a chance," said Devyn.

                "I think I should stay here to protect the girls," said Reggie.

                "Fucking pansy," Tara said.

                "And I should stay here to protect the pansy," Kevin said, pointing at Reggie with his thumb.

                "Alright, OG squad. Let's fucking go!" Corey said, pumping his fist.

                "I am not OG," I pointed out.

                "Sure you are," Sam said, giving me a smile. I gave one back.

                "Okay, well I think it's bedtime now," said Kat.

                "It definitely is," said Corey. We all went upstairs and branched off into our separate bedrooms, Colby and I taking the master again.

                I jumped onto the bed and rolled over onto my back.

                "So, Halloween party. What's the plan?" I asked. "I know it's only Monday, but we've got to do some stuff to make this work."

                "How about we just go buy a fuck ton of alcohol and a speaker to blast music. The neighbors aren't close at all, so we can probably get pretty loud without any problems," said Colby. "And I have a feeling that not very many locals will be super eager to come near their dreaded house of horrors on the scariest day of the year."

                "Okay, sick. Get drunk in a terrifying and supposedly haunted house. I love it," I said.

                "I don't know if that was sarcastic or not," Colby said.

                "Me neither," I replied with a laugh.

                "Hey," said Kevin, walking into the kitchen the next morning.

                "Hi," I said.

                "I'm glad I'm no longer the only one who wakes up before one in the afternoon unless dragged out of bed," Kevin laughed.

                "No one's harder to wake up than Colby," I said.

                "Facts," Kevin said.

                "If you want coffee, I made some," I said, pointing to the half full coffee pot.

                "Oh sick, thanks," he said. He walked over to the cabinets and got out a mug.

                "So, are we dressing up for this Halloween party?" I asked.

                "Uh, duh. You can't not post an Instagram picture on Halloween as an influencer," Kevin said.

                "That's exactly what I said!" I exclaimed.

                "Okay, so we need to get costumes and liquor," said Kevin.

                "Want to go to the liquor store now? It's like, 8am. No one's going to be awake for a while," I said.

                "Is the liquor store open at 8am?" Kevin asked.

                "Hm. Good question," I said. I pulled out my phone and looked around online for any open stores. "Yup, there's one about ten minutes away. You down?"

                "Sure. Let's go," Kevin said. He grabbed the Tesla keys off the counter and we both put on our shoes at the door before quietly slipping out.

                "You know," I said, once we'd gotten into the car. Kevin was driving. "I feel like I've talked to you more than anyone in the group other than Colby and I live with seven of them."

                "Bro, I feel like this whole mom and dad thing makes us vibe," Kevin said.

                "Ten out of ten agree. I'm glad Colby doesn't get mad when people call us that anymore," I said with a laugh.

                "Dude's just protective. He really loves you," Kevin said. I smiled to myself.

                "Yeah. I know," I said. We pulled up to the store a few minutes later and headed inside. We chose a couple bottles of tequila and some White Claws, then made our way up to the checkout counter.

                "At eight in the morning?" the guy at the counter laughed while scanning our stuff.

                "Hey, if you're open then we're coming," Kevin laughed back.

                "ID?" the worker asked. I reached for my purse, then realized I didn't bring it.

                "Shit, did you bring your wallet?" I asked Kevin.

                "Fuck. No, just my card," he said, holding up his blue credit card.

                "I hate to be that guy, but I can't sell to you unless I see an ID since you guys are clearly under thirty," the worker said.

                "Damn it," I said.

                "Will a Google page work?" Kevin asked.

                "What?" asked the guy.

                "Here, hold on," Kevin said, pulling out his phone. I couldn't see what he was doing, but he tapped around for a minute before showing the worker his screen.

                "Shit, sure," the guy said, looking back and forth between me and the screen.

                "What did you do?" I asked.

                "I just Googled you," Kevin said.

                "Oh my god. You know, that is the weirdest fucking thing. You can just google me and a whole page will come up," I said.

                "New to the scene?" the guy asked.

                "Yeah. Google's only had a profile on me for a few months. It's weird," I said.

                "I'd be pretty weirded out too. Pretty damn cool, though," he said.

                "Yes. Yes it is," I agreed. "Thank you. Have a good day."

                "You too. Stay safe and have a happy Halloween," the man said with a wave.

                "Thanks, man," Kevin said. We grabbed our stuff from the counter and went back out to the car.

                "I wonder when I'll get a google profile," Kevin said.

                "Hey, you're verified on Twitter and I'm not," I said.

                "Yeah, but you're verified on Instagram," he pointed out.

                "You'll get there, Dad," I said with a laugh.

a/n: i love interacting w yall so much. also if ya wanna, go follow me on twitter @ thattrixiehoe!!