34

I woke up to the sound of excited squealing from the girls, followed by a gentle shush from Colby. I looked up to see him holding me, having carried me inside from the car. 

 "It's okay, I'm awake," I said quietly.

 "Oh, I'm sorry!" Devyn said. I looked over at her with her arms thrown around Corey's neck. 

 "We just missed them," Kat said, kissing Sam on the cheek. 

 "And it's terrifying every time they leave to go do this dangerous creepy shit," added Tara.

 "I completely understand," I said. "Babe? You can put me down." 

 "Oh, right," Colby said, gently setting me down. 

 "So, how was it?" Kat asked, waving us all into the living room.

 We all situated ourselves on the sectional, leaning against our significant others.

 "Terrifying," said Corey. 

 "Dude threw up a thousand fucking times," Jake said. 

 "You what? Oh baby, are you okay? Maybe you should stay home tomorrow and take a day off," said Devyn, putting her hand on Corey's face.

"No way," Corey said. 

 "Yeah, we've got a map to follow tomorrow," said Colby.

 "A map? To where?" asked Kat. 

 "That's a good question. The only way to answer it is to follow the map," said Sam. "Shit, I forgot about that after the hook room," said Jake. 

 "The what?" asked Tara. 

 "The hook room. There were all of these meat hooks attached to the walls with chains and stuff. Shit was covered in rusted blood," Jake said casually.

 "What the fuck!" Kat yelled. 

 "Blood? On meat hooks?" Devyn asked.

 "Oh my god, did he... did he hang people on those?" Tara asked. "Wait, no, don't answer that," she quickly added.

 "God am I glad I didn't see that," Corey said.

 "That's not what made you throw up?" asked Devyn.

 "No. The list of things they found in the house that Gein made out of human body parts and this really fucking disturbing mural we found painted onto his mom's room's ceiling of all his victims is what sent me," said Corey. 

 "Can we not? Talk about this, I mean. It's a little much for people who aren't into all this creepy shit," said Tara.

 "Yeah, of course," I replied. 

 "Thank you," said Devyn. 

 "What we can talk about is what we want to dress up for at the party we're having," said Kevin. 

"We have to dress up?" groaned Reggie. 

 "Yes," said Kevin. 

 "And you better not be a fucking egg this time," I said. 

 "The egg was iconic and you know I'm right," Reggie replied. "Okay, fine. A little bit," I admitted. 

"Are we doing couples costumes?" asked Kat. 

 "Uh, no?" Kevin said. 

 "It's okay, Kev. We can match," Reggie said with a wink.

 "Oo, okay," Kevin said, winking back. 

 "I hate you guys," Jake said with a laugh.

 "Not as much as we hate ourselves," Kevin said. 

 "Hey, speak for yourself. I'm amazing," said Reggie.

 "You fucking wish," said Tara.

 "Okay, moving on," Sam said. 

 "Let's plan!" Kat said excitedly. "I love costumes."

 "Wait, should we keep them a surprise from each other?" Devyn asked excitedly. 

 "I don't see why not," I replied. 

 "Yes!" Devyn whisper yelled. "Come on, babe. Let's go!" she said, pulling Corey up off the couch.  

"There's a Party City and a temporary Halloween store not too far from here," Kevin said. 

 "Let's go to Party City!" Devyn exclaimed.

 "Okay, okay," Corey said. "But let me change out of these clothes. I feel like the smell of that house and that creepy jewelry shop are like, all over me." 

 "Yeah, you guys kind of smell like old people," Tara said, scrunching her nose. 

 "I knew I loved you for a good reason," Jake said.

 "Alright, let's change and we can go shopping," said Colby.

"Okay!" I said, hopping up. To be completely honest, I'd never had a boyfriend during Halloween so I was sort of excited to dress up with Colby. It would be fun.

We all went upstairs into our rooms to change. I decided to dress up a little bit because I didn't have to go to anywhere we had to be ready to run out of or away from at any moment.

I decided on a zebra print tube top with tight black velvet shorts and my thigh high red heeled boots.

"Jesus Christ," Colby muttered when I walked out of the bathroom in my new outfit.

"You say that, like, every time you see me get ready to go out for something," I giggled.

"Because you're always incredibly hot," he said.

"You too, buddy," I said, giving him a short kiss. He was wearing his blue Givenchy sweater with ripped black jeans and black Nike air forces. "I really love that sweater."

"I know, that's why I brought it," he said.

"I love you," I said with a smile.

"I love you too, baby," he said. He walked over to me and set his hands on my hips, my arms instinctively wrapping themselves around his neck. He leaned down and softly kissed me.

"You guys ready?" Kat asked from the other side of the shut bedroom door. I pulled back from Colby to answer, but he immediately pulled me back into him.

"They can wait," he mumbled against my lips.

"Yes, and so can this," I answered.

"Ugh, fine," he whined. He gave me one more kiss before letting go and opening the door.

"Yay! Let's go," Kat said, practically running down the hallway in excitement.

"Can we choose the best costumes?" Colby asked. "This isn't technically a competition, but I'm going to treat it as one."

"Of course. We'll be the hottest ones, okay?" I asked with a laugh.

"We already are, baby girl," he whispered, grabbing my hand as we walked down the staircase.