Five

"i'm sorry for embarrassing you, i just got excited!" taehyun said, smiling

"i'm sorry for embarrassing you, i just got excited!" taehyun said, smiling. "no problem at all." chaeryeong said trying to be nice. yes it was a problem. the man really just called her that loud in front of everyone like that.

"that's good then," taehyun started, not knowing what to say after. "did you wait long?" he finally asked after a couple moments of silence. the atmosphere was awkward. very awkward actually. chaeryeong didn't seem to want to start the conversation so it's all on taehyun.

"no. i just got here.." the girl said in her usual monotonous voice. well, lied. she lied. chaeryeong got there 45 minutes early, but didn't want the other to know.

"oh.. that's a relief then!" taehyun smiled, thinking that he didn't keep the girl waiting. chaeryeong simply nodded before taking out the maths book, flipping away to the algebra chapter.

"algebra.. here. lets start." she said, nodding as she found the page. "take out your workbook, i'll tell you how to do this." she said reassuringly. taehyun obeyed and the two started studying. but of course, taehyun wasn't at all confused about the topic. so without a doubt, the boy did really well.

chaeryeong wasn't stupid. she wasn't dense either. she knew the boy was lying from the start. but a bit intrigued with his antics and quite curious as to why the latter wanted to make a conversation and get close to someone like her, she played dumb and accepted the offer.

after one hour of tutoring and taehyun doing everything correctly proving chaeryeong's suspicions, the library clock strikes 4.30. without saying another word, chaeryeong closed her workbook and packed her things, "i'll get going now." she said before turning away.

"thanks for today, chae!" taehyun smiled and chaeryeong simply nodded before turning away.

"wait!!" the boy yelled as he saw her almost leaving the library. this caused chaeryeong to turn back one last time and gave the boy a questioning look.

"can i please have your number?" he asked which took chaeryeong by surprise.

"and why is that?" she asked.

"um... because.. just so I can text you when to tutor me next time!" taehyun nervously replied

chaeryeong looked at him and tilted her head, "next time? there will be a next time?" she asked. tensing up a little, taehyun blurted out, "just in case i don't understand something again!" he covered up to which chaeryeong knew he was lying.

the girl rolled her eyes and punched in her number to the latter's phone, "here." she said simply.

"do you need anything else?" she asked.

taehyun shook his head no which made chaeryeong nod in understanding. "alright then." she said as she bid goodbye to the boy.

" she said as she bid goodbye to the boy