Eleven

rubbing his eyes in shock, the boy blinked a couple times to see if what he's seeing is legit

rubbing his eyes in shock, the boy blinked a couple times to see if what he's seeing is legit. seeing the smile not leaving the latter's face, his own lips curved up into a smile.

chaeryeong smiled. she actually smiled.

it was as if taehyun's stomach did a billion somersaults as his heart skipped who knows how many beats. as seconds passed, the boy smiled wider and wider as he softly muttered, "you smiled..."

nodding excitedly, the smiling girl smiled even wider, "i did... didn't i?" she asked shyly, touching her lips in surprise and awe. "i don't know if i... if i should.. smile." chaeryeong continued softly.

"your smile is beautiful!" taehyun said quickly, complimenting the now back to poker face chaeryeong. "you should smile more!" taehyun continued. "it's not that hard, isn't it?" he asked. "i mean- i really do not want to force you-"

"no, no. it really isn't that hard. it's just that.. i've pretty much felt empty my whole life that i eventually forgot how to smile." chaeryeong explained as she interrupted taehyun's statement.

"but it feels nice... to you know.. smile again." chaeryeong finished as she curved her lips up to a smile again. "see." she said excitedly, pointing to her own face which now has a smile again, obviously making taehyun smile with her.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

day changes to night and night changes to day. that was the cycle until after quite a while, they became closer than ever to each other. taehyun and chaeryeong was inseparable. of course, chaeryeong had stop tutoring taehyun when he admit that he actually understood, but they still hung out regularly.

one might say, best friends. but some might say, more than that.

the boy was one of the only males chaeryeong had opened up to. being comfortable showing him her laughter, tears, or even anger.

of course, taehyun's interest grew as each day goes by, and he started to see her as more than a simple 'intriguing person' or a 'friend'. his feelings has never gone away. especially now that the girl is expressing herself more.

chaeryeong in the other hand, never liked anyone. feeling constantly empty, it's hard to experience the feeling of love and affection. in her life, only her sister had ever cared for her. in other words, chaeryeong had never felt any affection towards anyone. she never loved, nor liked. it was so new to her.

but that all changed. it changed from him. from taehyun

damn okay- this is the first update in like- 700 years and i dont really know what to feel about this chapter, but i hope you have a great day!!