The creature in the Snow

Sleeping on the couch was never comfortable, so when I do it with my head in a weird angle, waking up to a cramping neck and shoulders was expected. Stretching my arms and rolling my shoulder I get up and head for the bathroom, I needed a shower after yesterday's cleaning of the stables. Grabbing my towel and clothes I walked into my bathroom and begun running a bath, I would normally shower but i felt like relaxing today before i have to begin my chores.

Pouring some lavender-scented bubble bath into the water, I sat on the rim watching it begin to foam up and bubble, I always loved the smell of lavender, it was one of the only happy memories I had of my parents. Looking back on my memories with them ...were never fun, shaking my head I got rid of all thoughts of them and turned the hot water off, got undressed, and threw my dirty clothes into the wash basket.

I slowly slid into the water sighing in content as the heat licked away at my skin and replaced the coolness in my fingers. Relaxing was a rarity for me because I was always very busy doing something so when I got the chance to do it, I liked to relax for a very long time, but unfortunately, the hot water was already getting colder. I grabbed the shampoo and poured some onto my hand, closing the lid and started to lather my hair in the sweet strawberry scent. I scrubbed away at my hair as I thought over the times when I was a kid, and I used to try eating the strawberry-scented soaps that my grandmother used to buy, but my parents would always stop me before I could try tasting it, though the one time I did do it successfully I ended up with a terrible stomach ache.... it didn't taste anything like strawberries.

Laying back in the bath, I rinsed my hair and grabbed the conditioner bottle, I slid the top off and poured some conditioner into my hand before I closed the top again putting it back in its place. I scrubbed my hair with the conditioner before I rinsed my hair off and got out releasing the water as I did.

After getting dressed and drying my hair, I walked over to my kitchen and started my morning routine of coffee making and trying to pick breakfast if I would have any today. Deciding against it as I wasn't hungry or peckish, I grabbed my coffee and walked out, drinking it quickly I headed to the chicken coop, it was time to clean up the coop which was a lot easier than the stables. I walked into the coop and started I knew the chickens wouldn't bother me as long as I didn't accidentally step on them or poke them.

Finishing an hour later I looked over my work proudly before I put away the cleaning supplies and looked up at the sky wondering if it would snow today or not. Looking over at the stables I contemplated if I should take Nutmeg out for a ride or not, I knew this forest like the back of my hand so I knew I wouldn't get lost, well not without a heavy blizzard to block my sight. Walking into the barn I saddled Nutmeg up and headed out onto the path.

The forest was always beautiful in my eyes, I know most people would have gotten used to it by now but I knew I would never get used to it there was always something new to see or some undiscovered place to find. Looking around I kept an ear out just in case wolves tried to attack Nutmeg and I, they wouldn't normally come down this far but with deer been so rare in winter, you never knew if you would see a wolf now or not.

Stopping by a tree for only a moment I caught a glimpse of black fur behind the bushes near us, unfortunately for me, Nutmeg had seen as well, rearing up on her hind legs I held on tightly as she fled forward deeper into the woods and only after an hour of galloping did I manage to calm her down. Looking around I noticed we were in a clearing by a huge lake, I slowly steered Nutmeg to the lake as I slid off from her saddle and started comforting her.

Taking deep breaths I walked over to a tree stump and sat down only to jump back up when I felt something wet on my pants, looking down at the substance I was shocked to see a Bright neon green liquid splashed over the top of the stump looking up slightly I saw more leading in a trail, leaving Nutmeg behind I started following the trail.