The Ambush

Opening my eyes, i stretch out my muscles and got up checking the communications panel, my father had not yet contacted me. Opening the ramp, i walk down into the snow and start to walk to where my traps were to see if i had caught any small or big prey. Walking to the first i was not surprised to see it was still not sprung meaning no animal had passed through it or got caught.

Jumping into the trees, i hop from branch to branch ever so silently so as not to scare any prey away or to alert the animals of my presence. There did not seem to many preys in this woodland area that i had landed in, just from hopping around i have caught sight of a few small creatures. Coming to stop i land on a branch and kneeled looking at the net trap, i was quite happy to see the body of a horned animal inside my trap, unfortunately, i had been too late to kill the creature by my hand instead the horned creature had got its neck strangled in the netting and killed its self while in a panic to get free.

Undoing the trap i pick it up over my shoulder and heads for the next one, i had lane down 4 traps each in different locations and with this horned creature, the meat would last me for a few days before i would have to hunt again. Checking the 3rd trap i was once again surprised to find a creature lay in it, this one was small and had long ears, the hide would make great use. Drawing my dagger i quickly end the rodents life and pick it once more before i walk to the 4th trap it was close to the 3rd trap by only a few feet.

I was slightly shocked and annoyed to find that my trap has been strung, the creature that was in it had been killed but the trap lay broken and the corpse of the prey was gone. Clicking my mandibles together i regard the broken trap before i switch my visual modes looking around for hints as to who could have taken my prey. Grabbing the broken trap i head back for my ship.

Putting the corpses down i begin safely removing the hide before the skeleton, Looking at the skulls, i put them aside for cleaning later on. Cutting the meat away from the carcass, i put them on some sticks to cook over the fire as i grab the rest of the animals and move them away from my ship to not attract any unwanted attention.

Sitting by the fire i wait for the meat to only been heated before i grab one of the sticks on start to eating.

Later on that day:

I had finished cleaning the skulls and had left them on my ship as i cleaned my weapons and take a look at the broken trap. It was not cut open by natural weapons but by weapons of my species technology, dropping the netting i walk inside to see my father had not yet contacted me on the information i needed. Sitting in the command chair, i locate the area where my mission was to begin.

Walking out into the snow once more, i follow the directs to the spot. Taking only 20 minutes to get there i land in one of the taller trees and stayed in the shadows with my cloak on as i switched between visuals looking for any traces of the hard meats. Sereaching around the area i growl seeing there was nothing here, no marks or tracks not even scents, there was nothing.

Wondering around the area again i stop seeing tracks through the bushes but not ones i wished to see, yautja footprints which were leading to a trap clicking my mandibles together i stare at the footprints going over the options in my head that were until a roar pierced the air of the woodlands. Looking in the direction i jump into the trees keeping my cloaking as i followed the roar to the one who made it.

Standing on a tree i stared down at the one who had made the roar, the roar itself was neutral with no emotion behind it. The yautja before me was a deep green with a brown tint to his skin, keep to my branch i observe him silently before i jump down walking to him but before i can ask him anything another yautja with a hide the same color as the earth with white spots over his body came through the bushes and tackled me before throwing me off the slope.

Rolling down the slope i try to slow my descend, hooking my dah'kte into a fallen tree, i quickly pull my self up before i jump back up to the slope using the trees that lay in the snow. Jumping back up i look around quickly getting into a battle stance as i ready my wrist blades, roaring i tackle the green bad blood slicing across his face and chest i rip the top two off of his mandibles from his face.

Kicking me from him i flip and land on my feet before i dodge the strikes of the other bad blood as he forces me for the edge once more, quickly grabbing his combi stick from him i hit him away from me throwing the combi stick away . I block a hit from the green bad block before i trip him slicing his head off in his descend, not even given a second of rest i get slammed into many trees bruising my side.

Without either of us knowing we both go flying over a shorter slope and into a lower forest, landing on my chest i quickly got up feeling my ribs crack, roaring i engage the last bad blood in hand to hand combat ...

I had underestimated him, his head was hard and each thought out all aiming for my weak spots . Brought to my knees he threw me back against one of the trees and stalked to me, held me up like a rag doll by my neck as i thought this was gonna be the end of me a loud snap came from behind us causing the bad blood to turn and run after what had ever had caused the snap. Leaving me in the cold i try to get up only to fall.

The last thoughts that were in my head were a prey but before i could even finish thinking it i slept into darkness...

"im...alive but how ...what is this warmth....where is that sweet sound coming from?"  Slowly opening my eyes, i look at the wood ceiling before i realize this isn't my ship, turning my head slowly i stare at the back of an oomen female, the ooman was the one making the sweet sound. Tilting my head slightly, i stare at her curiously before i look down at my body seeing it covered in a thick hide, without having to move much i felt over my chest before i look at the ooman again silently ...

______________________________________________________________________________