The Hunter Festival

(This continues straight from the last chapter)

Looking down I let his hand go looking around nervously before I gasp when he nods. I scream happily before I hug him tightly before realizing what im doing, I go to move back before I feel Mourning hug me back as after a few minutes he lets go as I smile to him thinking.

Amari: Why don't you come to watch the Hunter Festival, you will just have to remain hidden but it would be nice to have someone I know watching.

Mourning: It would be an honour to watch you Little Dagger.

I smile at him as he purrs softly making me giggle before we back inside as i quickly head for my cupboard to get changed, I hadn't realized it but i had grabbed an old huntress outfit instead of my new one. Quickly getting changed i grab the strap that holds my bows before i strap it onto the outfit. Looking at the quivers i quickly count the arrows before pulling them out to make sure they are all sharp and not broken. Once all done i walk downstairs and into the living room before i turn to look to Mourning.

Amari: I think we should head to the festival now, it may be an hour early but i need to speak with the elder and Mister Wales, even if they are the same person.

I head out to Nutmegs stable as i quickly saddle her up before i hop onto her, looking to Mourning i motion for us to go as i click my tongue moving Nutmeg into a steady trot down the path to the village. The trees were starting to grow leaves again and the snow was almost gone, there was a faint smell in the air as the flowers were starting to bloom again. Smiling to myself as i hear the tweets of the birds flying over us i look to the trees on my left as Mourning moves stealthily among them using his camouflage/ invisibility thing.

Turning back to face the front i smile seeing we were at the start of the village, i watched as people were starting to bring out their tables to get ready to trade things while others started hanging up festive decorations. Getting off of Nutmeg i leave her at the edge of the village since she didn't like the loud music that normally came from it.

Walking through the village, i wave to the people before i head to the other end of the town as a huge tent sat there with little ones planted next to it. I walk to the big tent slowly parting the curtain as i walk through before bowing my head to Mister Wales.

Wales: Hello my child, are you excited for the festival this year?

Amari: Very much Elder, i came as u requested, what is it about my ranking that u wish to talk about if i may ask?

Wales: When you first came to me claiming you wanted to be Hunter, i had laughed and called u too young. I remember how u walked though the tent and signed up without my permission, only to then bring back a whole basket of hares, three elderly elk all with only one shot and a middle-aged bear. You have followed our rules and creed down to the very last word and have never disrespected another Brother. For the matter of ur ranking i wish to rank u up from scout to Master Trainer, with ur help we could bring more people into the hunter group and with your help, we could train them to follow the codes and rules as u have...what do you say, Amari, do u accept the Ranking Challenge?

I stared at him before quickly putting my hand over my heart nodding fast as my excitement begins to grow more.

Amari: Of course Elder i..i would be a great honour.

Wales: Good, now for the challenge of ur ranking, u must only kill elk or deer that are middle or elderly aged, if u complete that then the ranking is yours.

Amari: Alright ...before i go Elder i need to speak with you on a more private matter.

Wales: What is it, Amari?