The Avatar of Envy

"Satan is that you?!" Mammon said suddenly. Silence. After a few moments I saw a someone stand up from the centre of the sea of books. He still had a book in hand and he began to laugh a little. "You're the last person I expected to run into here Mammon." Satan placed his book down gently onto one of the nearest stacks and then looked at me. "I'm assuming that's the human transfer student, the question is why is she with you of all people Mammon?" Mammon's grip on my arm got tighter, he was clearly frustrated. "This human is my responsibility. But what I'd like to know is why you're here Satan!"

Y/N's POV:

Suddenly Satan burst out into laughter. "So you're trying to tell me that Lucifer dumped the human on you?" Satan covered his face with his hand and his laughter showed no sign of stopping. "Well? What's so funny?!?" Mammon said defensively, he let go of my arm and stormed over to where Satan stood. "Why don't you answer my question Satan?" He said calmly. Satan stopped and fell silent.

A few seconds passed before he spoke. "Knowledge is power." Satan picked up the book which earlier he placed on one of the many stacks of books around the room. He opened the book the correct page and began to read. "I guess that not something you would understand is it Mammon?"

Mammon was about to retaliate so I swooped in and tried to pull him away, his strength was immeasurable. After my failed attempt of moving him I tried to convince him to leave. "Come on Mammon let's go. You're supposed to be showing me around aren't you?" Mammon calmed down quickly and turned to me. "B-but you wanted to see the library didn't you?" His facial expression was sincere and honestly it melted my heart just a little. "You mean the private study?" I said with a little giggle. Mammon didn't say a word. "Hey it's fine! I wanted to see the study and here we are! So let's go!" Mammon still looked a little hesitant about leaving, it's obvious that no matter how much he denies it, he cares about me, even if it's just a little. "We can always come back here together another day can't we? There's a whole year ahead of us!" And with that Mammon was convinced. "Okay, okay, I get it! Let's go!" Mammon turned around and stormed out of the room.

I turned to take one last glance at the room and noticed Satan staring directly at me. I left the room quickly before anything else could be said. The minute I left the room I noticed that Mammon was hiding behind a pillar on the opposite side of the corridor. "Hey Mammon! What are you doing?" Mammon turned to me with a shocked expression and quickly put his finger over his lips, gesturing for me to be quiet.

Suddenly I heared quick paced footsteps growing louder and louder and before I knew it I saw someone running directly towards me. "Did you say Mammon?!?" He said loudly with an angry expression on his face. Then he stopped. "Wait a minute... who are you?" He said. I was about to explain myself when he suddenly began shouting again. "Aha! There you are!" He said pointing directly at Mammon. "You better pay me back this instant or you'll regret it!" Mammon slowly came out from his hiding spot. "Yeah, yeah. As I said, I'll pay you back in all due time. It's not like you need it Levi." Leviathan looked at Mammon astonished for a moment but his angry expression soon returned. "Don't need it?... DON'T NEED IT?!?!?! I'll have you know that there is an online sale on all human world anime merchandise and it only lasts until midnight tonight!"

Before the argument could continue any longer the study door swung open and Satan appeared in the doorway. "If you guys are arguing go and do it somewhere else!" He then slammed the door in our faces and left us all in silence.

TIME SKIP (somehow in Levi's room)

Mammons's POV:

Somehow I've managed to get myself into this situation. Levi's room was the last place I wanted to go on this tour! I thought Levi had calmed down a bit until he came storming up to me. He grabbed my by the collar and held tight. "Look Mammon... there isn't much time left! I have to get some of that human world merch... I would KILL to get it, you hear me?!"

I was about to fight back when suddenly Y/N appeared. They squirmed inbetween me and Levi and attempted to push us apart. Because of the sudden and unexpected contact Levi let go of my collar and jumped back a bit. "What's the big idea human?!" Levi said for a moment but he suddenly fell silent when Y/N extended her arm out towards Levi?. There was something in the palm of her hand. "No way!" Exclaimed Levi. "Th-th-thats a human world Ruri Chan keychain!!!" Y/N didn't move an inch. "If I give you this will you leave Mammon alone?" Y/N asked. The room fell silent.