Now We Wait

Hello Mammon...

I don't really feel like wasting any more time so I'll make what I'm about to say quick. I'll even put it in simple terms so even you can understand it... I hate you. Not only are you a demon, such a discusting species, you also had the audacity to snatch my prey away from me. That demon-loving human has no right to walk this earth, their sense of morality is clearly lacking. I know that you both are too stupid to keep your mouths shut about what happened and I know you and your brothers will try and hunt me down but I warn you... if you try anything, I will show no mercy! I will do everything in my power to make your life miserable and I will make it my mission to kill everyone you care about Mammon. Have fun trying to manage without your powers, I will certainly enjoy using them for you.

Sincerely,
X (The Demon Slayer)'

Mammon's POV:

I couldn't believe what I had just read, the severity of the situation was clearly shown on my face. Lucifer, who had let me read the letter myself, snatched it from my hand and quickly scanned it over. A moment passed and he sighed. "There isn't much we can do now, we'll just have to deal with the consequences at a later date."

I knew that collectively my brothers are strong enough to take the Demon Killer but I'm not too sure about one on one. I'm the second oldest and one of the strongest of us yet I had a feeling, when I rescued Y/N, that it wouldn't be an easy fight if I took them on. I turned my head to Y/N. I couldn't help but be worried.

I couldn't really understand what the last line meant. What did they mean by 'I will enjoy using them for you'? An uneasy feeling began to settle and I took a breath to try and calm myself. Lucifer noticed my distress and placed a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be fine." His voice was calm and it made me feel a bit better.

Everyone else in the room gathered at the table, taking a seat and getting comfortable. "Well, now we wait..." Satan said before pulling out a book and starting to read. Everyone seemed to keep themselves busy whilst we waited for something to happen. I just sat there, I soon felt myself drifting off (for some reason I've felt drowsy ever since Belphie used his powers).

I was awoken by some sort of commotion. I had no clue how long I was out for but when I opened my eyes I saw Belphie with a panicked look on his face. He looked terrified.

"Lucifer this isn't good!" I heared him shouting. "What are we supposed to do?!?" There was deadly silence, Lucifer had no response. Satan cut into the silence. "Well? Did you find out who it was? A face? A name? Anything?" Before any response could be given, the doors swung open to reveal the masked figure on the other side.

"Well... such a shame..." the tone of his voice sent chills through my body. "If only you had listened to my warning Mammon, then none of this would have happened." My brothers moved forward putting themselves between me and the Demon Slayer. He chuckled a little before approaching slowly.

"I'm actually quite impressed." He directed his speech towards Belphie. "Your powers are pretty useful, you even managed to find out who I am beneath the mask. Now that wont do, how am I supposed to continue my every day school life here at RAD if you know my identity?" I froze with shock, if what he's saying is true, that means he's been among us this entire time. We've been walking the same school halls with this cold blooded killer.

"From all your reactions I'm guessing he hasn't told you yet... I guess that saves some bloodshed, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to kill you all. Though, I do find this little game quite entertaining." I saw Lucifer tense up and clench his jaw, I'd never seen him this angry before.

Without a moments notice Lucifer attacked, quickly changing into his demon form and dealing a deadly blow. He soon retreated back to my side. The demon Slayer was hunched over, I refused to believe that single blow defeated him.

It wasn't long before he staggered to his feet, exposing a deep cut down his right arm. That attack would've killed any normal being instantly but, somehow, the Demon Slayer managed to block it with minimal damage.

He held up his arm making the wound visible to everyone, blood began to run down his arm and fall to the floor. Lucifer began to speak. "What do you plan to do now? You're injured and have nowhere to run."

The Demon Slayer replied with a chuckle which turned into a sickening laugh. "Who said I was running?!" Only a few moments after finishing his sentence, the wound on his arm began to heal itself. The familiarity of this made me sick. I knew this power all too well... now I knew what he meant in his letter. Once the wound was fully healed he held up his arm, the blood which had settled on the floor began to rise and morph into spear like shapes before hardening.

I now knew what this guys power was and I knew what was about to happen all too well.

His hand was directed at Lucifer who was getting prepared for his attack but I panicked, I had my doubts that Lucifer would be able to block such a powerful attack. I ran towards him, pushing him away from the attack.

At first I didn't feel a thing. Only a moment later did I feel the warmth of blood and a piercing pain in my chest. I began to feel my strength fade as I fell to the floor.