The Demon Slayer

YuuSosa signing in

...YuuSosa signing in...

It was only last chapter that I was thanking you all for 1000 reads but we're already at over 2000.
You guys never fail to amaze me and I can't thank you all enough!
I love how amazing you all are and I can't even explain how happy your kind and encouraging comments make me feel.
I'll be sure to keep this story going for ya and, as always, feel free to leave suggestions ^-^
Thanks tons!

...YuuSosa signing out...

Edit: would just like to clarify that the 'Demon Slayer' mentioned in this chapter is not related to the anime 'Demon Slayer' in any way. It is just a name given to the antagonist to highlight the fact that he kills demons! (More will be revealed in this next chapter) ^-^
Thanks, YuuSosa x

I tried my best to convince Mammon that I was fine but he wouldn't listen to a word I said. "Mammon!" I said out of frustration. "You're the one who got hurt! I'm fine so please can you worry about yourself!" I felt my eyes begin to tear up. "You got seriously hurt and it was all my fault..." Mammon shook his head. "No it wasn't!" He smiled at me. "I chose to protect ya so that's on me." He then took my hand. "I was so worried that you'd get hurt, that's why I was there in the first place. I didn't want you to do your tasks all on your own so I decided to follow you..." he paused for a moment, "now I know that was a good call." His smile turned into a wide grin. "I'm glad I was there and I don't regret a single thing, after all... I was able to protect you." Mammon's expression suddenly turned serious. "I want to be there to protect you... no matter what!" There was a long pause before he spoke again. "Y/N... make a pact with me!"

Y/N'S POV:

I stared at Mammon for a moment in utter silence. "Are you sure you didn't hit your head?" I said jokingly. "You're speaking gibberish right now." I chuckled a little. "A pact?" I thought. "What does that mean?" Mammons's expression didn't change. I'm not really sure what he meant but he was completely serious about whatever it was. "A p-pact?" I asked. Mammon then spoke in a cold and serious tone. "A pact is when a demon lends his strength to a human to make their wish come true in exchange for their soul." He paused. "I-I don't w-want your soul though." I could tell he struggled to say that last sentence. "I'm happy to make a contract with you for nothing in return, I just want to make sure you're safe and this'll make that easier for me. He chuckled a little.

It took me a while to process what he had said. "Mammon would lend his strength to me? What does that even mean?" I thought. Silence. Mammon then placed his hand on mine spoke. "Well Y/N?... make a pact with me!" He then smiled at me, his smile made me feel better and washed away all my worries. He had mentioned something about a demon lending their strength to make the human's wish come true. I've decided... my wish is to become stronger so I can protect those I care about!

"Okay! I accept!" I said confidently. "And I'll be sure to get strong too so that nothing like this happens again!" Mammon nods in response with the same smile still plastered on his face.

3rd Person POV:

Lucifer walked into the room with Satan trailing not far behind him. He soon noticed that Mammon was awake and Y/N quickly noticed the obvious signs of relief on his face. Y/N stood up and moved away so that the other two could approach Mammon. For a while there was only silence, Mammon looked like he wanted to say something but he held his tongue. Lucifer was the first to speak.

"Why?" He said in a conflicted tone. Mammon only looked back in confusion. "You aren't the type of person to risk your own life to protect someone else... so why?" Lucifer was now shaking ever so slightly. Mammon thought for a moment. "B'cuz I felt like it!" He exclaimed. Lucifer sighed and continued on with his questions. "Did either of you get a good look at the face of the demon who did this?" He directed this question at both Mammon and Y/N.  Y/N shook their head and began to speak. "They were wearing a mask so I..." Mammon cut in abruptly. "It was a human!..." There was only silence for what felt like an eternity. Mammon spoke again, this time he seemed on edge. "I think... I think it might have been the Demon Slayer!"