A Promise to Last a lifetime

YuuSosa signing in

...YuuSosa signing in...

Thanks so much for your continued support and active interest in this story!
We've already reached over 1000 reads and that's all thanks to you!
I'm sorry this chapter took longer than usual to make but I wanted to make this one special in honor of this milestone!
Thanks again, enjoy!

...YuuSosa signing out...

The masked man lunged at me with the spear floating beside him, before I could even process what was happening, a black and white blur appeared in my vision and took the hit in my place. I closed my eyes for only a moment but when I opened I saw Mammon, stood me between me and the masked man and with blood dripping down his right shoulder. Despite this Mammon grabbed me by the waist and (with his left arm) began to run.

TIMESKIP (5 minutes)

Y/N's POV:

Mammon had been carrying me for about 5 minutes without stopping, his injury looked pretty bad and I could feel his grip on me loosening. "Mammon you have to stop!" I shouted. "We've gone far enough!" Mammon didn't listen to a word I said and kept running. we had managed to make it to the edge of the shopping district, I prayed and prayed for there to be someone there that we knew. we ran down the street which was almost empty (not surprising for how late it was). We turned a corner and I noticed someone in the distance. As we got closer I noticed that the person looked familiar. Mammon's grip kept getting looser and looser until he ended up dropping me and collapsing about a foot in front of me. I looked up at mammon and noticed his wound was bleeding lots now. I then turned back to the person ahead and called for them. "Satan!"

The person turned around and, as I predicted, I was met by a familiar face. Satan stood there for a moment, clearly trying to process what was happening, but he soon came rushing over. He knelt down next to Mammon for a moment, trying to assess his condition, from his reaction it wasn't good. "Hey Human! Explain yourself! What happened?!?" I tried to explain what happened but my voice was trembling and Satan gave up with his interrogation pretty quickly. Satan pulled out his DDD and began to call someone. He also took off his jacket and began to use it to try and stop the bleeding while he waited for the person on the other end of the line to pick up.

Satan's POV:

"Lucifer!" I said urgently as soon as he picked up. "What is it now Satan?" He said dismissively "If its about borrowing books from my study again its fine as long as you put them back..." I cut in urgently. "It's not that! I ran into the Mammon and the Human and..." Lucifer interrupted me "Why isn't Y/N doing their task?" I was infuriated. That doesn't matter right now!" I shouted back. "Mammon is unconscious and bleeding and the human looks scared out of their mind!" Lucifer was silent for a moment and then he ended the call. I could only assume that meant he was on his way.

TIMESKIP (House of Lamentation)

Mammon lay on his bed, still unconscious from the loss of blood. Satan sat by Mammon's side, watching over his brother whilst Lucifer and I sat on the settee as he tended to my wounds. "Lucifer, I already told you. I only have a few scratches and bruises... you should be watching over Mammon not worrying about me!" Lucifer sighed, "like I've already said, Mammon's recovery is completely in his hands now. I've done all I can for him." Satan stood up and walked over to us. He sat down next to Lucifer and whispered something in his ear. Lucifer nodded and turned to me. "We're going to wait until Mammon wakes up before we start questioning about what happened, until then please don't leave this room..." Lucifer rubbed the bridge of his nose with his right hand. "It'll be a pain if our brothers find out that Mammon got hurt..." I nodded in agreement and took another glimpse back to Mammon who still hadn't moved. "For now you should stay here." Satan said while standing up. "If he cared enough to help you out at the dispense of his own well being then that means he clearly thinks that you are important, maybe he'll be happy to see you when he wakes up." With that he left the room alongside Lucifer.

TIME SKIP (roughly 8 hours later)

I traced my hand along mammon's, his hand was cold to the touch. I couldn't help but notice the beautiful, tanned colour and the softness of his skin, I never would have guessed that he was a demon if I met him in the human world. For a moment I felt his hand tense up, I immediately focused my attention on his face which now showed signs of him waking. "Mammon?" I grabbed his hand and began to squeeze it a little. "Hey! Mammon?!? You awake?" I asked hopefully. His eyes slowly opened revealing his beautiful, deep blue eyes. He turned to look at me. "Y/N?" He began to rub his eyes and then brought his hand back down to his side. "Are you okay?!" He said suddenly after he had time to collect his thoughts.

I tried my best to convince Mammon that I was fine but he wouldn't listen to a word I said. "Mammon!" I said out of frustration. "You're the one who got hurt! I'm fine so please can you worry about yourself!" I felt my eyes begin to tear up. "You got seriously hurt and it was all my fault..." Mammon shook his head. "No it wasn't!" He smiled at me. "I chose to protect ya so that's on me." He then took my hand. "I was so worried that you'd get hurt, that's why I was there in the first place. I didn't want you to do your tasks all on your own so I decided to follow you..." he paused for a moment, "now I know that was a good call." His smile turned into a wide grin. "I'm glad I was there and I don't regret a single thing, after all... I was able to protect you." Mammon's expression suddenly turned serious. "I want to be there to protect you... no matter what!" There was a long pause before he spoke again. "Y/N... make a pact with me!"