Too Late To Change a Thing

...YuuSosa signing in...

I'm gonna start by addressing my absence and apologising for the lack of content as of late.
I had to take a break due to poor health but I'm back and ready to work hard to make up for lost time!
I'd also like to thank you all for your support!!
Whilst I was gone, Devil Style reached 20k reads!!
It makes me extremely happy knowing that there are so many people reading and enjoying my writing and it's great to see your comments! I love talking to you all '-'
I've decided to make the next chapter an extra long one to make up for the break!
Please enjoy!

...YuuSosa signing out...

Y/N's POV:

I guess Satan was wrong... the plan is going ahead much sooner than we anticipated.

I sat beside Mammon for the rest of the day, he was sleeping again. He seemed exhausted earlier... I'd be lying if I said I wasnt worried. I didn't see much of the other demon brothers for the rest of the day and whenever I did see them, they were rushing around, frantically trying to prepare for the plan which would take place later today.

We were told to meet in the hall at noon. It was decided pretty quickly that this would be the best place to go through with the plan, it's closer to the other dorms and this would make it easier for Belphie to reach the dreams of all the students. Both Mammon and I approached the door and opened it. I immediately noticed that everyone was present, it's the first time everyone has ever been on time for something since my arrival.

Beel was holding a sleeping Belphie in his arms, the look on his face showed his concern. In all honesty, I was a bit worried about Belphie's wellbeing but I found closure in his confidence. If he believes he can do it then I do too!

Lucifer called for everyone's attention.

"I know everyone is worried, we're up against a tough opponent with a bad track record in regards to our kind. His reputation is most certainly intimidating and he's somehow rendered Mammon's powers ineffective. This is something that has never happened to any of us before so I understand that it may be a bit daunting but after tonight we wont have to worry about it anymore. If everything works out as we've planned, we will know the identity of this villain."

I was impressed. I couldn't deny that Lucifer was good with words, his pep talk seemed to have everyone in high spirits again.

Lucifer made his way over to Beel. He woke Belphie from his slumber and helped him to his feet. Belphie took one last look at everyone before following Lucifer. A bed had been prepared for him. He lay down and then spoke. "Wish me luck!" He said with a smile."

I suddenly realized something and turned to whisper my question to Mammon. "Hey Mammon... it's not even that late, wont people still be awake? How will Belphie get information from people who are awake?" Mammon smiled. "Belphie can put people to sleep but it doesn't work on demons who are of equal strength or stronger than he is. Luckily, none of the other students at the school have the privilege of saying that that are as strong as THE MAMMON!!! Oh and his brothers too I guess..."

I giggled a little but a sudden wave of drowsiness came over me and I soon found myself drifting into a deep sleep.

Mammon's POV:

Y/N suddenly rested against me, I felt my cheeks heat up a little but it didn't take long for me to realise that they had fallen asleep. It seems Belphie has already started to put the plan into action.

I noticed that Lucifer was now approaching me with a sealed envelope in his hand. He gestured Beel to follow him and when he stood a few feet away he held out the envelope. "It's addressed to you." He said before taking Y/N in his arms and handing them to Beel. "Now, let's read it shall we?"

Lucifer grabbed me by the collar and began to drag me towards the table in the centre of the room. He pulled out a chair for me and sat on the seat next to it. He once again held out the letter, this time I took it from him.
I opened the letter hesitantly. I can safely say that I was in no way prepared to read the contents of this letter...

'Hello Mammon...

I don't really feel like wasting any more time so I'll make what I'm about to say quick. I'll even put it in simple terms so even you can understand it... I hate you. Not only are you a demon, such a discusting species, you also had the audacity to snatch my prey away from me. That demon-loving human has no right to walk this earth, their sense of morality is clearly lacking. I know that you both are too stupid to keep your mouths shut about what happened and I know you and your brothers will try and hunt me down but I warn you... if you try anything, I will show no mercy! I will do everything in my power to make your life miserable and I will make it my mission to kill everyone you care about Mammon. Have fun trying to manage without your powers, I will certainly enjoy using them for you.

Sincerely,
X (The Demon Slayer)'