𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

THE problem with teaching someone how to kiss is that when they become proficient at it, and are no longer considered a student of the art, then you're left with someone who kisses you with a perfection that you didn't even know existed.

As Harry and Bree sat in her truck in his driveway on Friday morning before school, kissing away their dispute from the previous day, Harry felt himself quickly loosing control.

"Is anyone home at your house?" he asked breathlessly.

"We can't," Bree returned, even though Johnny had left in the wee hours of the morning for a fishing trip.

"Sure we can. I don't even have a class first period."

"Yeah, but I do. History. And if Johnny finds out I skipped, I'll be missing two parties this weekend."

"Two?"

"Maddie's birthday is tomorrow."

"Ah, shit. I forgot all about that."

"So I take it you didn't buy her a present." At his lack of response, Bree added, "I guess I know where we're going after school today."

Harry pounded his head on the back window. "Don't say Port Angeles."

"There's a toy store in Lockridge. The Sandbox."

"Cool because my car comes home today and I don't want to spend all day on the road." Harry explained. Then his eyes washed over Bree's body. He took note of the denim skirt she wore, and how it accentuated the bright hue of her legs. "And I want to spend some time hanging out."

Bree knew exactly what he meant and she was glad she wasn't the only one that felt that way. Ever since their day in the meadow, she could scarcely think of anything else but being with him again. Her loins were burning with desire and inexperience and she was too afraid of how far she'd go to agree to be alone with him right then.

* * *

Connie's spirits were soaring high, as she was excited about the party that she and Tom were having that evening. Even Jocelyn's bitter attitude wasn't enough to bring her down.

"I might not even come to the party," Jocelyn said as she stared out into the distance. "I don't think I'll have any fun."

"Why not?" Connie said, trying not to deeply engage her.

"Because. You're going to be with Tom and Harry's going to be with that cunt muscle. It won't be like old times, when it was just the four of us."

"Well, it wouldn't be a party if it was just the four of us, silly," Connie rolled her eyes. "And what happened to you trying to be Bree's friend?"

"The sight of her makes me want to puke. I can't fake it." Jocelyn said. "Though you don't seem to be having any problem."

Rebecca was sitting next to Jocelyn quietly listening. "Bring someone to the party." She suggested. "You're a beautiful girl. I'm sure there are a million guys who would love to hang out with you for the night."

"For the night?" Jocelyn spat out. "So now I'm some whore that's only good for the night?"

"You know that's not what I meant," Rebecca said quickly.

"Fuck you guys," Jocelyn got up quickly and left their presence.

Rebecca shook her head as she watched Jocelyn depart. "Man, she has been really bitchy lately."

"It's because you've been filling her head with all this bullshit about how Harry likes her and how she has a chance with him." Connie narrowed her eyes at Rebecca. She never approved of the false hope Rebecca dispensed to Jocelyn.