Chapter 1

Arya's PoV~

The smell of grilled streak filled my nose. I was so close; I could see them.

All I wanted was some clothes, and if possible, their first aid kit, but my wolf was really liking the smell of their food.

After the raid, I headed north, up towards the Ethereal Mountain Range, and then I headed east. My supplies started to run out and I needed more as soon as possible. My original plan was to sneak into the Nightstar pack but a group of wolves on patrol made me cross the river, which made me next to the Blood Wood Pack.

I tried my best to not think about what happened but, every time I did, I see Olly's lifeless eyes staring back at me.

My wolf whimpered. She had such a close bond with Oliver's wolf.

I went back to the Jadestrike Hideout a few days after the incident to see if anyone was alive but all their bodies were still there, untouched.

They killed everyone, even some pups.

I took Oliver's necklace, a silver chain with a symbol of strength pendent. His mother gave it to him before she died.

It now hung around my neck and I have no plans of ever taking it off.

I tucked back my emotions and tried to stay focused.

I wanted to stay as far away from that pack as humanly possible, but I couldn't go another day without food.

My scent was hidden enough for the pack not to smell me now, but if I got too close, I wasn't sure what could happen.

The Alpha, Alpha Darran, wasn't one to be messed with. This pack takes care of undisciplined wolves. The one parents would threaten to send you when you were being bad.

I was near the pack's infirmary, which was near the packhouse only a few miles away.

If anyone of those wolves mind linked their Alpha, I would be done into a minute.

Not if we shifted.

I shrugged at the thought. If I have to run, then I'll shift and let my wolf have control but, in this situation, my form matters.

I could feel my hands start to shake, the electricity causing sparks to form at my fingertips.

My mind flittered to the pups not too far away, playing around with each other.

The sparks faded.

My wolf winced at the sight of pups. She couldn't wait until she had some of her own, but thinking of our mate wasn't a good idea.

She whimpered at the word.

Mate. Our Mate.

Something that we were curse not to have, not that he would want us anyway.

Maybe it was a good thing, we don't have to deal with the pain of rejection.

The sound of laughing snapped me out of my depressing thoughts. The family was distracted by the food on the grill; this was my chance.

I ran out of the cover of trees and towards the small house that was a hundred or so yards away.

Once I knew they didn't see me, I carefully and quietly searched their house for some supplies.

The family had clothes, a first aid kit, and some food. Hunting was starting to get harder since winter was approaching.

After collecting my things, I heard their conversation from outside.

"I thought I told you to close the front door, John. I don't want bugs." The mother complained and her footsteps entered the house.

She could smell me, I could tell by her frozen silence. Her footsteps continued until she was right behind me.

I turned to see her, her eyes faded, meaning she was mindlinking.

I panicked, the sparks coming before I could enough think it through.

Flashes of white and blue lit the air, the she-wolf was groaning on the floor before she could realize what was happening.

My wolf made me shift but didn't leave the house until I grabbed the bag full of supplies with my teeth. I ran out of the house and back to the safety of the woods.

The scent of the Alpha hit my nose but it was distant, he wouldn't be able to catch me by the time I reach the borders.

The last thing I heard from the pack before I got to the forest line wasn't the footsteps of wolves, but the crying of the pups.

My wolf pushed us to run until we were a dozen or so miles away from the border, close to the Crescent Moon Pack. She allowed me to shift back into human form.

My mind went back to the pups. I could've hurt them.

The thought of those pups growing up without a mother made tears prick my eyes.

I don't think I killed her, but I couldn't be sure.

This was just a repeat of what happened last time I collect supplies. My sparks got out of control and I spent a wolf to the ground.

Tears started streaming down my face.

Here I was, alone. No pack, family, or mate.

Just my wolf, Theia, and my supplies.

At least I got the food, right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you all enjoy? Tell me your thoughts!

Thoughts?

Any predictions?

Favorite food? I, personally, love Chinese food. 

-L 👑😘💕