Chapter 9

Arya's PoV~

Its been two days of pure chaos in my mind.

After I fainted when I realized that King Archer was my mate; actually, I can't be sure its King Archer. It could be someone he works with. Maybe his Beta or even one of his servants.

But what happens if someone of the Crimson Royal Pack is my mate? I'm a rogue, who was banished.

I don't know the banishment laws so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be part of a pack again. Would my mate become a rogue?

Would we have to raise our family as rogues, constantly looking over our shoulders?

Theia whimpered. We didn't want to do that.

Theia is still heavily depressed. I thought the idea of actually having a mate and being able to see them soon would help her. But it's only gotten worse.

She and I both know that this isn't going to be simple. We aren't just going to meet our mate, fall in love, then make a family.

That won't happen right away, if at all. I harmed pack members and I'm certain I'll have to go through a trial for it.

Theia whimpered again.

In the past two days, my body has started to express how much stress I'm dealing with. Theia has had a hard time with creating body heat, but I thought it would be okay since I got that nice jacket to keep me warm.

But that was just the first symptom I noticed. I'm having a hard time sleeping. I've lost my appetite and I've come down with a cold.

Wolves don't get colds.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to meet up with Luna Bella and King Archer. I've thought over the risks and decided not the care.

My wolf is ill. The mate bond could help. But knowing what's going to happen to me, I think, will help more.

If my wolf knows either or not we'll have to go through a trial. Or what's going to happen when I meet my mate.

Bella and Archer could give me answers. They might not be answers I want to hear but they're still answers.

My plan is to head back to Nightstar Pack tomorrow morning and get there around noon. Its already dark here and I don't like traveling at night.

It was after midnight and my mind was still wide awake. So, I'm starting my journey a little early.

I'm walking slow, too deep in my thoughts to care about my speed.

I thought, at first, I couldn't sleep because my wolf was on alert for being so close to the Blood Wood Pack but it's all the possibilities of what could happen in the next week.

What if Bella and Archer are waiting there with warriors to kill me? What if they do give me a trial and they find me guilty of attempt of murder and hang me?

Would my mate still want me after finding out what I did to those pack members? Would they reject the moment they find out?

There is a slim chance that everything works out. That I don't have to be put on trial and that my mate might understand why I hurt those pack members.

If I were put on trial, would the elders understand that I was only trying to protect myself?

I wasn't taught how to control myself and it shouldn't be my fault that I hurt those people. I needed supplies and they had a surplus.

I clenched the jacket in my fists before continuing on.

My mate's scent was pine; Pine trees are extremely common up north. But that doesn't really help with me identifying who my mate is.