Chapter 5

Archer's PoV~

My heart felt like it was going to explode. I felt my blood pumping. There was a slight ring in my ears. But all of I could think about was my mate.

My second group of searchers has found a group of rogues that they think might know something about my mate. Just the possibility of founding some new information got my wolf on the edge.

My group said they were in between the Blood Wood Pack and the Night Ash Pack, so that's where I'm going. It didn't take me long to get there.

In that time that it did it take me to get there, I should've been thinking about how I'm going to talk to these rogues. And how I'm going to convince them to give me the information I wanted.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting for these rogues. Some blood-thirsting old men, possibly. But I was wrong.

The sight of a small family surrounded by my group of five warriors made me uneasy.

There was a man and a woman, both late twenties, with a young boy that looked around ten. All of them had some muscle but it was still obvious that they haven't had a real meal in a long time.

The father was standing protectively in front of his mate and son. There wasn't a crazed look in his eyes like I expected.

They looked like pack members.

The man's eyes snapped to me as I shifted from my wolf form. One of my group members handed me a pair of shorts.

I gestured for my group members to give us some space. They slowly spread out.

"How did you become rogues?" I asked. There wasn't any point in beating around the bush and I wanted to know the basics before I started my questions.

The man looked at his mate before looking back at me.

"Born into it."

I nodded. That's good news.

"I have a few questions for you. Follow me back to my pack and-"

The man started to object, which I saw coming, but I held up my hand.

"I will feed and clothe you and your family before asking my questions. After you have given me any information you have, you will be free to become members of my pack." I stated calmly.

Their faces expressed how shocked they were. It even took them a few seconds to register what I said.

"H-How do we know you aren't lying?" The woman asked hesitantly.

"I, King Archer of Crimson Royal Pack, give you my word," I stated. Alpha's were known for their honesty. If an Alpha would lie, and it was proved, they would lose a lot of respect. Pack members are supposed to trust an Alpha.

He looked over at his mate and they both glanced down at their son.

"Okay."

The run back was uneventful. I led with the family in between me and my group. I also mind-linked some maids and made sure there was a room and a hearty meal prepared by the time we get back to my manor.

I immediately showed the family to their room when we arrived and told them that dinner will be served at six.

I had so many questions that my wolf and I wanted to ask. But there was still the possibility that they didn't know my mate.

I clench my mate's scent-filled cloth in my fist. I silently prayed to the Moon Goddess that the family some information that is helpful to me.