one: her

REMINDER: They are already adults in this story. That's all, ENJOY!

(P.S

I think i'm really sleepy last night, instead of chapter one, i wrote prologue sksksks sorry for the confusion)

-

Minjoo plopped down to her seat, letting her head fall at her desk with a loud thud before groaning in frustration.

She heard a swivel chair rolling towards her, making her eyes flutter open with a pout, sighing when she saw a familiar face leaning in closer with a bright smile while sitting on the chair.

"What's with the groan!" Hitomi asked, chirping as she leaned more closer to inspect Minjoo's expression.

The brunette lets out a long groan again. "Boss wanted me to revise my paperworks and check the others' works, and I need to finish it all before 9. God, my day is just starting and I'm already stressed out and exhausted." She whined, frowning cutely as she started to flap her arms in the air out of frustration.

Her fellow workmate stifles a laugh, patting her shoulders before giving her a sweet smile. "Come on, Kim! Get your ass up and start to work so you'll get enough rest." She replied, eyeing Minjoo's bags under her eyes and just cutely huffed, trying to motivate the older to be positive.

Minjoo sighed, sitting up properly, stretching her tensed neck. "I don't have any other choice, Honda. I need to rush too because I have something to attend later at night." She answered blankly, tired and low. Hitomi gave her a thumbs up. "Flash mode?"

Nodding, the tired brunette smiles weakly before responding back with a thumbs up too. "Flash mode." She answered, placing her fingers on the keyboard, watching Hitomi rolls back to her cubicle— almost bumping into the trash can in the corner, making both of them chuckle.

"Lets get it." Minjoo whispered under her breath then cracked her fingers before typing furiously at the keyboard, looking at the screen of her computer and the paper beside her alternatively.

It's gonna be a long day again.

Minjoo's been working for this company since two years ago but seems like she's still not used to working this job at all or it's just her Boss who kept ordering her and giving her tons of works— she complains but she never quits anyway, she doesn't want to starve and go homeless besides, the pay is quite good but the main problem is the work itself, it's exhausting and it's sometimes making Minjoo stressed and sleep-deprived because she needs to finish lots of paperworks that she really have to pull out an all-nighter and stay at the office until midnight, coffee cups surrounding her.

Good thing, the office is not toxic like any others and her workmates are pure angels and hardworking, sometimes, they even help her out and Minjoo also helps them back. They're a good team, cheering each other on when they're down and exhausted from working all day.

She's thankful for that. They at least make this hell hole better.

Minjoo almost lost her balance when she stood up after sitting for five hours straight, typing on her keyboard as she intently stared at the screen, trying to spot some typos and stuff. Her head started to pound lightly and hisses as she tried to regain her balance

She looked at the clock, and it said 8:45pm. Just in time.

She grabbed the newly printed papers and folders, striding hastily towards the elevator, having a hard time pressing the 18th floor. The moment the elevator opened, she rushed inside the president's office and placed the papers on the table, staring blankly at the empty leathered swivel chair before rolling her eyes and pouting. Seems like the President already went home.