Prologue

You know that sickening feeling when you know something is wrong but you don't know what or how to fix it? Yeah, well that was what Elle felt the night of the full moon the day before school started.

She felt as if something vital was about to happen as she finished putting her clothes away in her wardrobe, The 1975 blasting through her speakers as her heart started to beat a little faster.

She turned the music off to listen closer, to see if she could work out what was changing.

She heard the front door open as her mother returned from a late night working at her shop.

"Isabelle! Could you come down here a moment?" Her mum called up the stairs

"Yeah, sure" she shouts back, shutting her wardrobe door as she turns out of her room.

"What is it?"

"I know you felt it too Iz, we need to connect, see if we can work out what's changed."

Rebecca Brooks you see is a talented witch, no not the kind with warts and broomsticks, the real kind. The ones who have a connection with the earth and can utilize this kinship with the energies of the world to her advantage often taking the form of what humans call magic.

This gift is passed down through the generations from female to female, mother's teaching their daughters how to take advantage of their relationship with nature and their ability to manipulate it.

This is why Elle and her mum sat on the dewy grass at 1 o'clock in the morning trying to find what had caused the change in energy they had felt that night.

"Slow your breathing Isabelle. Focus on your heart beat. Feel the ground through your fingertips."

Suddenly images flashed before her eyes. Familiar faces on the preserve. A monster. A bite.

Elle gasps and her eyes flashed a brilliant purple.

"He's been bitten. Scott McCall is going to become a werewolf."