Heart Monitor

I run down the stairs after getting a text from Stiles saying he was here to pick me up for school, my mum still didn't want me driving and trusted Stiles to take me, she didn't like Jackson so Lydia's offer of them picking me up was useless. I grabbed my travel mug with my tea in it and speed walked out to the Jeep.

I climbed in to the passenger side and pulled Stiles in for a hug, his dad had been hit by a car the night before at the school so he was very worried about him.

"How's he doing?" I asked, still feeling guilty for not doing anything, even though me and my mum were on the other side of the car park when it happened.

"Yeah he's okay thanks." Stiles replied with a half arsed smile as he pulls out of my driveway, heading towards school.

"You still mad at Scott?" I asked, remembering the rant on the phone last night as Stiles found out Scott had saved Allison over his father.

"Yes." He said curtly, obviously still upset at the situation, and not wanting to talk about it so I just shut up and looked out the window as we drove in to the school car park.

We sat next to each other in our first class of the day and as I was getting my pen out I saw Scott come in to the room so I smile at him and he smiles back awkwardly before looking over to Stiles and sitting right behind him.

"Still not talking to me?" He asked the back of the other boy's head, with no reply. "Okay, can you at least tell me that your dad's ok? It's just a bruise right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big? You know I feel really bad about it right?" Scott said and I awkwardly looked over to Stiles and he was sticking his tongue in his cheek, obviously annoyed with the boy behind him.

"What if I told you I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and that I went to Derek for help?" At that I swivelled around in my chair to look at the boy, who ignored me, staring at the back of his best friend's head, willing him to answer, which worked.

"If I was talking to you I'd say you were an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you." Stiles said sassily.

"Elle was there but your still talking to her!" Scott said in frustration, and this made Stiles turn around, and if looks could kill, well, we'd have a dead werewolf.

"She was on the other side of the parking lot, trying to stop the creature from hurting anyone, or itself. You were too focussed on your little girlfriend to realise that my dad needed help. Don't try to shift the blame Scott, you did this to yourself." He said venomously before turning back around as Scott sighed, going to get his stuff out of his bag mumbling an apology.

Stiles looked over at me with a conflicted look on his face, I could tell he wanted to ask Scott about Derek. I gave him a reassuring smile and a nod, and with that he twisted around in his chair.

"What did he say?" He asked and Scott just smirked at his best friends curiosity.

~

"Wh- he wants you to tap in to your animal side and get angry? Well correct me if I'm wring but everytime you do that you try to kill someone, usually me and Belle. At the same time."

"I know that's what he means when he says, he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it."

"How is he gonna teach you to do that?" I ask, panting from speed walking to keep up with their long legs. It's a bit more difficult than normal, because Lydia told me to wear heels today, so I'm a little less balanced than usual.

"I don't know, I don't think he does either."

"When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asks.

"He just told me not to talk about it, just act normal and get through the day." Scott mumbled and Stiles stopped slapping him on the shoulder.