Wolf Moon Part 2

When Elle finally got home from school, she chucked her bag in the corner of her room and jumped on to her perfectly made bed, and picked up her favourite book 'Out of Sight, Out of Time' by Ally Carter and flicked threw the worn pages to her bookmark.

After reading for a good hour or so loosing herself in the world of the Gallagher Academy, she heard a knock on her door. She carefully replaced the bookmark, careful not to break the spine, and nimbly ran down the stairs to the front door.

She opened the door to a grinning Stiles, and she laughed at his expression before pulling him in for a hug mumbling a greeting in to his shirt. He hummed in response and he wrapped his arms around her. When they pulled away she dragged him to the kitchen knowing exactly what he was going to ask for.

"Packet o' crisps please ma darlin'" Stiles grins at his awful Cockney accent as the girl shakes her head giggling at the purposefully poor attempt that used to infuriate her as a child.

She reaches in a cupboard to grab him some crisps and chucks them at him, but instead of catching them he flails his arms in the air before picking them up off of the floor.

Elle giggles as she lifts herself on to the countertop, "So Stilinski, what brings you here?" She asks smiling as he stuffs the crisps in to his mouth, crunching loudly.

"We haven't hung out in ages, and Scott's at work so I thought we could catch up?" He says still with crisps in his mouth.

The girl laughs at her hyperactive friend and nods her head before turning on the kettle. "Cup of tea? Coffee?" She offers Stiles, already knowing the answer but doing so out of politeness. "Nah I'm ok thanks." He says as he sits on the kitchen table swinging his legs looking for something to say in to the comfortable silence.

"So I think Scott's turning in to a werewolf" Stiles chuckles faking a howl as Elle pours the milk in to her cup. She thinks for a second before turning round, a dubious look on her face. "What?" She says playing the act of the unknowing human for a bit longer, she didn't know how to tell him yet. Plus her mum said not to just yet. You don't disobey Rebecca Brooks.

"Yeah, well he got bit last night, we went looking for the other half of that dead body, I got caught but he stayed out, he found it by the way, but anyway, he got bit and he said he heard a wolf howling, but obviously there are no wolves in California so I was teasing him about becoming a werewolf." Stiles rambles on chuckling to himself as Elle stares disbelievingly, wondering how he could speak that fast without tripping over his words.

"And why do you think he's becoming a werewolf?" She says giving the boy an amused look.

"Well he said he can hear things and smell things he can't usually. I mean it's weird, don't get me wrong but there has to be an explanation other than lycanthropy."

She smiles at his statement agreeing with him by a nod of her head. "You wanna watch a movie or something? I can make us popcorn?"

"Yes! You got Star Wars?" Stiles says with excitement.

"I was thinking more Indiana Jones? What do you think?"

"Sounds good to me." he grins at the young witch.

"You find the DVD, I'll find the popcorn" she says turning to rifle through the cupboards.

Once the popcorn was made and the film set up they turned off the lights and sat down on the small sofa facing the TV. Elle drags the blanket from behind them and puts it over them as it begins, feeling utterly content, with Stiles' arm draped around her shoulders.

°°°

The next day as Elle was walking to the lacrosse field to watch the practice she was grabbed by Stiles. "Woah, you almost gave me a heart attack, what is it?"