Formality

I was sat on Lydia's plush bed as she worked her way through the mountains dresses she had bought online to try on for the formal. Thankfully we were down to the last one, none having passed the Lydia Martin test.

"What do you think? I think the colour is cute but the cut isn't quite right." Lydia said looking at herself in the mirror and turning around to face me.

"Yeah the colour is good. I don't like that thingy though." I say pointing at the monstrosity on her waist.

"The bow?"

"Yeah. It's too big." I said making a disgusted face at the tacky add on.

"Mmm. Well, we're gonna have to go to Macey's then. Me, you and Allison. Tomorrow after school?"

"Sound good to me." I say with a laugh, knowing it would come to this anyway, and that we will be there for hours.

"I'll text Allison. She can drive us all, do you want a lift to school as well? I wouldn't like to leave my car in that parking lot over night." She said picking up her phone and going back in to her walk in wardrobe to change in to more comfortable clothes.

As she came back in and flopped down on the bed next to me, she looked at me with a cheeky smile.

"So. You asked Stiles to the formal yet?" She said, poking me in the arm as I begin to blush.

"No Lyds, I haven't. He wont wanna go with me unless it's just friends, and I don't think I could do that. Especially when everyone else is going to be romantically slow dancing and it'll just suck." 

"Trust me, he will want to go with you, and not just as friends. Have you not seen the way he looks at you?" She said clinging on to my arm, and pushing me side to side to get me to smile.

"I thought we had agreed, we're gonna go stag together." I said looking at her, knowing what was about to come.

"Talbot asked me, and I couldn't say no, I mean have you seen his arms." She says before fanning herself excessively, making me giggle.

"Of course you fucking did you traitor." I laughed, pushing her off the bed with a thud. I hear her cackling on the floor and I look over to see her curled up and laughing to herself. "Get back up here you. I wanna watch clueless." I say pulling her up by her hands as she started to calm down, climbing back on to her bed.

~~~

I was making my way to my next class when I saw two of best friends hiding behind a wall, watching Allison and Jackson intently. 

"Hey." I say, and they turn around to shush me, Stiles pulling me behind the cover of the wall. "What?" I whisper.

"Jackson is asking Allison to the formal." Stiles said like it was totally fine.

"What the fuck?!" I say trying to go and stop him, but I am again pulled back to the cover of the wall.

"Just as friends. We asked him to, so that Allison would be safe at the formal." Scott said.

"Um. Why don't you ask her dumbass?" I say and the boys look at each other.

"He's failing 3 classes. He's not allowed to go. But both of us will be there so it's fine, we can watch him." Stiles says, patting Scott on the back as he watches the two walk away.

"I'm still going."

"Is that wise Scott?" I ask him.

"Yeah do you even have a date?" Stiles agreed.

"Not yet."

"A suit?"

"Not yet."

"A ticket? A ride there?"