CHAPTER 9: MEETINGS

After the heated conversation I had with Devon I needed to clear my head. I decide to go to the gym in my building to let some steam out. I put on my workout outfit and get on the elevator to the gym. I get there and I start with some stretches and then some light cardio after that I start boxing. When I finish an hour later I walk to the elevator and get in to go back to my floor. When the elevator stops at my floor I get out and walk to my door and go inside. I go straight to the shower and after that I head to bed because it is extremely late and I'm tired and sore.

I wake up brush my teeth and get in the shower after that I put a robe on and start to do my makeup. When I finish with my makeup I get up and look in my closet for a cute outfit. I finally chose what I'm going to wear and put it on. I head downstairs grab my keys and drive to a restaurant to eat breakfast since I wasn't feeling like cooking. I arrive at a restaurant so I get out of my car and walk inside.

 I arrive at a restaurant so I get out of my car and walk inside

I sit in a booth and a waitress comes and take my order. I could see she was fangirling over me while she was walking away. She comes back with my food really fast and then she walks away. While eating I start scrolling through my phone and as I'm doing it I get a message from Cookie. She says that I need to get to empire for a meeting and I reply with an ok. After I finish with my food I pay and walk out to my car.

I arrive at Empire so I get out of the car and I walk over to the board room for the meeting. I see everyone is there so that probably means I'm late and the only chair that was left was conveniently the one next to Devon. I walk over to it and seat down.

"Sorry I'm late," I say to everyone.

"You're fine we haven't started yet," Andre replies as he is going through some files.

"Hey can we talk?" Devon whispers to me.

"I don't know is there going to be talking or are you going to get mad over nothing again?" I whisper to him still upset about what happened last night.

"Look I'm sorry about last night I really think we should talk," He whisper back so no one can hear our conversation.

"Ok fine after this," I say to him before focusing on the meeting.

"Thanks he," says just before andre starts to talk.

"Ok as everyone knows we have been looking for someone to play young Cookie in the upcoming movies and we finally found her," Andre says and the people in the room become excited.

"Finally we can start filming again but who is she?" One of the Board Members ask.

"Well she is a member of the empire family and I think she is going to do a great job so with that being said Tiana," he says and I stand up and the people in the room started to clap but I can see that treasure and mayas claps were fake but I don't mind.

"Thank you Andre ...um I'm very happy to have been given such a huge opportunity and I'm very excited to be apart of the movie," I say and they start clapping again and congradulating me.

"With us finally finding our cookie we can finally start filming so if no complications arise were expecting to fly the cast and crew to Philadelphia today next week," Andre says happy that the movie is finally back on track.

"We are going to have Hakeem in the studio to finsh recording the soundtrack and then we will be set," Cookie chimes in after her son.

"We are all focused on the movie but what about the ASA's it's in a couple of months," One of the Board Members say.

"We have that covered the filming in Philadelphia will only take 2 months and the ASA's are in three so while tiana and hakeem are shooting they will also be in the studio working on some new songs to get nominated," Andre says confidently since he already has everything planned out.

"That also means Treasure and Devon will need to be in the studio everyday throughout the two months because yall barely have five songs out and we need almost everyone to be nominated because this year is the year we are finally going to win that ASA," Cookie says throwing a little shade at Devon and Treasure.

"Meeting adjourned," Andre says and everyone gets up to leave. As I'm about to head out Andre and Cookie stop me.

"We will have the new finished scripts later today so I will call you and Hakeem to my office to come and get them," Andre says to me.

"Ok," I say and they walk away then I see Devon walking towards me.

"Can we talk now," Devon says pointing to an empty studio so we can talk in private. we walk over there and he starts to talk.

"Look I'm sorry about last night you know that's not the type of person that I am and that's not how I act its just that I got a little jealous and...," He was about to say something else but I cut him off.

"Okay I know that's not the type of person you are but is that the type of person you're going to become later on in this relationship because I don't have time for that, because Hakeem is always going to be in my life and if you can't handle that I don't think we should waste our time with this relationship," I say firmly because I already went through so much with Hakeem and his jealousy I can't go through another relationship like that again.

"I know I should of never said those things about Hakeem I guess I was just mad at the fact that you were willing to interfere with our relationship in other to make him happy but after I left your house I realized how stupid that was," He says regretting how he went about the situation last night.

"Yeah I'm not disagreeing you were being stupid," I say trying to make him feel worse than he already does but he chuckles at that.

"I know you're just trying to do everything you can to make sure the kids have the best relationship with their father and I'm sorry I didn't take that into consideration so once again I apologize and I hope you can forgive me, He says hopping his little speech convinced Tiana to forgive him.

"Come here I say pointing to the spot in front of me and he walks over. I lean forward and give him a kiss on the lips

"So I guess I'm forgiven," He questions me hopping I say yes.

"Yeah," I say with a smile. He smiles and hugs me.

Author

Ok so would yall like for me to also include Hakeem's POV or are yall ok with just Tiana. It's up to yall because if I do the chapters will be longer and we will get to see more of the Lyon family but it will take me longer to upload and we all know my uploading schedule is already messed up sooooo choose wisely.