Nightmare (Fluff, One-Shot)

Percy looked down at his Wise Girl with a smile stretched across his face.

Quickly brushing a few stray curls behind her ear and planting a light kiss to her cheek, he crawled quietly out of bed and slipped through his cabin door.

He took his time, making his way down to the beach, letting his thoughts wander.

He made it down to the water and just plopped himself in the wet sand, allowing his feet to be occasionally brushed by the cold waters.

As he laid there, he didn't have any thoughts running through his mind.

And it didn't even occur to him that leaving Annabeth all alone while she was asleep would affect her in any way.

Until he heard it.

A loud, ear-piercing, fear-filled scream.

It took him many moments to realize it was Annabeth, but the moment he did, he was up on his feet, sprinting back to his cabin at a faster rate than earlier.

A few people already crowded around his cabin by the time he got there and he made quick work to get through the throng of bodies, which he noticed included Jason and Piper, two of his friends.

He didn't even remember getting to the door before he was by Annabeth's side, pulling her into his chest.

Her cries didn't cease, but her screams quieted, forming into small whimpers.
Ones he hadn't heard in a long time.

Holding her close and whispering to her quietly, he felt a clump of guilt form in his chest.
He should have known that the nightmares weren't just going to suddenly stop.
He should have been more careful.

"Percy?"

He turned his head to see the silhouettes of two people, ones he recognized.

"Hey, " He whispered sadly as Jason and Piper stepped into the stream of moonlight coming in through the window.

Annabeth's cries had ceased completely now, her whimpers gone and her eyes still closed, trapping her in the world of dreams.

"Is she ok?" Piper now sat on his bed, Jason lightly placing himself by her side as to not wake their sleeping friend.

"Yeah."

"What's wrong?" Jason asked, sensing the falter in his voice.

"I shouldn't have been so careless. I left her alone here knowing full well our nightmares haven't left. I'm such an idiot." Percy scolded himself.

"Hey, it's not your fault. You didn't know she would have a nightmare. They haven't been occurring lately. We all thought they stopped." Piper tried to soothe him.

The calming nature of her voice kinda helped, so did her words.
And even though Percy still felt a tiny ball of guilt swell in his chest, he nodded his head silently.

"Have a good night, Percy." Piper pats his shoulder and stood to leave.

"Get some rest, bro. Kay?" Jason didn't wait for an answer as he and his girlfriend silently left the cabin, not surprised the giant throng of people had already dispersed to go to bed.

They said their quick goodbyes and hurried off to their cabins with one last glance to the beautiful blue cabin that smelled of the sea.

Percy laid his head next to Annabeth's and wrapped his arm around her waist.
He buried his head in her neck and let out a sigh.

"Night, Wise Girl.
I love you."