Chapter Two.

When Caleb got there, his father wasn't waiting for him. He didn't care. He was used to it.

It wasn't something that harmed him, not really. Having absent parents never bothered him that much. Even if he was an attention whore (and he knew it, he was a Leo), he learnt when he was a little kid not to expect much about them. Maybe that was the reason why he looked for attention and approval all the time; because his parents hadn't given it to him.

And to his dad, it didn't even took losing one child to start taking care of the other one. He just continued being an asshole. And his mother... his mother was a different issue. His mother wasn't human anymore. He prefered not to think about that.

He looked around the place. It was pretty, he had to admit. A big yard, full of green and trees. That was ironic. Rich people making events that will only continue to fuck up the planet in an space like that.

Fucking unfair, he thought.

He finally spotted his father next to an elder woman. He had his sandy hair, too. But his eyes... his eyes were his sister's eyes. The colour of a pool of honey. It hurt Caleb to even look at them.

"Hi, Dad." He said once he reached his side.

"Oh, Caleb!" He smiled. It made Caleb smile a little too. He had to admit, even though his father wasn't the best... he loved him. He still wanted his approval. He didn't expected it, but he craved for it. "Miss, this is my son, Caleb. I assure you that one day he will be in the music industry."

"Dad," Caleb rolled his eyes.

"And, Caleb, this is Sophie Morrinson, the head of the Music Conservatory in New York," His eyes widened. "She makes dreams of people like you come true."

The woman smiled at him. Caleb swallowed his unease and smiled back, holding out a hand.

"It's a pleasure, Miss. But don't listen to my dad, all he knows to do is-"

"Caleb." His father warned.
Sophie laughed and shook Caleb's hand.

"It's my pleasure. I'd love to see you around the conservatory sometime."

Caleb smiled.

"Thanks, but-"

"He will, Miss!" His dad interrupted him. "Now, we need a little father to son talk, if you'll excuse us."

Sophie smiled and waved as she left them. His dad smiled down at him.

"My boy!" He patted his shoulder.

"Yeah, your boy." He tried to act indifferent, but the dog inside him was waving his tail at his dad's happiness of seeing him.

"I told you not to the ripped jeans, though. This is a formal place. Why do you always dress up even more casual than in your casual days?"

"Because." He shrugged. "You said no to the black ripped jeans, though. And this alien t-shirt is great. I don't see any problem in my outfit."

His dad shook his head.

"Whatever, boy." He sighed. "How you been doing, huh? I was going to send you the money for your meds-"

"Not the place, Dad." Caleb interrupted him. "I don't want everyone here to know I'm medicated."

"Yeah, you are right. Sorry. I just... it's been a while, huh?"

"It's always a while."

"I'm busy."

"Last month it was her birthday. We were all there. With her. Where were you?"

He tensed up. "Not the place, dad?"