Chapter Eighteen.

The weekend had been just amazing. Caleb had pushed his insecurities aside for once and enjoyed every moment with Eddie.

They had been in Eddie's apartment the whole weekend, especially in the bed. They had sex, laughed, watched a shitty comedy TV show that Eddie apparently loved-Modern Family- and went out for dinner in Sunday.

Caleb couldn't remember the last time he had so much fun.

Now it was Monday and he was working at the restaurant. Now that it was gone he missed the weekend. Brody and Julia, his co-workers, were as annoying as ever and Caleb wasn't in a good mood. He just wanted to go back to Eddie's bed and sleep in his arms. Instead, he was working with a couple of morons and the asshole of his boss, Dylan.

He sat on the little private room they had for their breaks and looked at his phone. He wanted to call Eddie.

Hi.

He texted and the response came fast. His phone started ringing and Caleb picked it up.

"Hey, Pup." Eddie said. He could hear the smile on his voice.

"Hey," He said quietly. He didn't want anyone hearing him.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," He said. Everything was kind of alright, weirdly. "What about you?"

"Fine," He said and there was a little pause. "But the asshole of Gabriel-the guy I talked you about came back to work and he's been in Nico's office for almost an hour now."

"So?" Caleb asked, a smile forming in his lips.

"So, I want to be there with my friend and the asshole won't let me."

"But you can go in, right? No one told you to stay out of it."

"I won't go in there and talk to Gabriel."

"Are you jelaous?" Caleb laughed.

"Of course not," Eddie said. "I know I'm better than that guy."

"Does Nico know?"

"Shut up," Eddie muttered, but he could still hear his smile.

"Of course he does, right?" Caleb smiled.

"Of course." Eddie said happily.

Caleb didn't know why it was so easy to smile with Eddie. He hated smiling, but Eddie just made it so easy, it wasn't so hateable. It had been hard for him to smile for so many years that now it was something new. But everything with Eddie was new and scary and forgein.

But he didn't give it much thought. He ignored those feelings. He ignored everything that could make the good time he was having with him go away, because that was the way he dealt with things. He denied them. So that's what he did, and what he would do until Eddie was gone. He knew it would eventually backlash him, but he ignored that, too.

He didn't know how to deal with problems. A life full of them, and he still didn't know how to deal with them.

But, who knew how to, anyways?

_____________

Once his shift was over, Caleb went to his apartment to rest before going to Eddie's. He threw himself in the bed and smiled when he saw the big teddy bear Eddie had gotten him and hugged it.

He would never tell Eddie, but he loved that bear so much. It reminded him of how Eddie had made that day so much easier and how he didn't ask anything about his scars. It really meant so much to him. No one had acted like that with him, ever. He slept every night with the bear, cuddling against it, closing his eyes tightly and pretending it was Eddie.