Please don't read my mind! Chapter 4

The class waited and waited.. for nothing to happen.

"Neeeeee~~ when is the new kid going to come in? We've been waiting forever." Kitsuneme asked in impatience. At that statement, everyone began to complain. Class president Yū Tobita looked around and attempted to calm the class down before looking at Sakura Mikan.

    "Mikan-Chan, what should we do?" Yū asked Mikan before sweat-dropping, seeing that Mikan was one of the people complaining.  Yū ended up looking at Imai incidentally, as she nodded her head at him and aimed her Baka gun at Mikan's head.

Baka Baka Baka

Inchou's eyes shut and once he opened them he was left unable to speak due to shock and speed of Imai's Baka gun.

    "Ouch! Hotaru, why? Why? Hotaru~~~~" Mikan wailed in pain tears and snot dripping down her face.

     "You're causing a ruckus, and anyone else who decides to complain." Hotaru began to reload her Baka gun then held it in a threatening gesture, silencing the class.

'Imai-San is scary!' Everyone thought.

    "Hmph, what a waste of time," Natsume muttered under his breath.

     "Natsume! That's rude to the exchange student. Let them come when they want to." Mikan glowered, ignoring the fact that she was one of the few people causing a ruckus earlier.

Ruka glances at Natsume then at Mikan before resuming his cold stare at the door. 'After what happened, it's safer to stay cautious' Ruka thought.

The door opens..creeeaaakkkkk..

    "Ohhhhhh! They're finally coming in!" The class thought simultaneously.

A young girl walks in slowly. With long luscious curly hair bouncing behind her, her eyelashes framed her large purple eyes, coupled with her fair skin made people think she was a doll.

"Wooowwwww!!! She's so pretty," Mikan thought with her mouth open.

Not only Mikan, but the entire class was enchanted by this person who looked like a doll. They waited for her response.

An awkward moment passed by, and another and another before Natsume tched and ordered Kokoroyomi to read her mind.

At the same time, Mochiage begins to lift the transfer student up in the air.

—Kokoroyomi speaking robotically—

    "Amazing, this dream seems so very real! Is it because I slept with the manga that I began to dream about this? What is going to happen to me? When will I wake up.. I'm going to be late to breakfast..I'm... floating? Oh.. I'm so lucky to experience this even if it is a dream... Why is the world spinning so fast?! I feel so dizzy! Oh no my skirt is riding up!"

Merem rushes to pull her skirt down due to the lack of gravity. She suddenly falls onto the ground almost landing on her face.
—Koko mind reading over—

At this point, Merem's face explodes in embarrassment. Avoiding others gazes her eyes fill with tears. 'Even if this is a dream, it's still very degrading.' Her face was still red.

Everyone stares long at Merem, then their poker faces change and fills with pity remembering what Koko said before he stopped talking, 'She probably misses her mom a lot.'

Despite this Natsume and Ruka remained stone cold. If it was not Mikan or any of the others they deemed as their friend/acquaintance they did not care as much.

Everyone watches the transfer student pick themself up from off the ground and dust herself off. Her face showed no emotion except a faint red color she had after blushing so hard.

They watch as she looks around the room, staring hard at each and every one of them. Everyone ends up acting what had just occurred earlier never happened.

The substitute teacher finally gets up from the corner and walks wearily to Merem's side.

Cough

"Well class this is our new student Merem. Please welcome her." He says without trying to stutter. After all, he didn't want to set off another tangent. 'Narumi when are you coming back' He cried internally.

Everyone stared at Merem with cat eyes. Before they began to question her.

"Where are you from?" One asked.
"Yeah, yeah good question!
"How old are you?" Another one questioned.
"Oh answer that one please! I'm 11!"
" You're so pretty!!" One person yelled.
"Yes, I agree with that!" Mikan said enthusiastically before Imai's Baka gun hit her in the face and she went flying. "Gah!"
" Don't be unfaithful " Imai said with furrowed eyebrows.

"You.." Everyone stopped speaking "what's your alice?" Natsume said seriously.

I looked to him in confusion. 'Alice' My eyes began to spin in confusion. 'What's happening why am I not waking up yet.' I open my mouth before someone barges in through the door startling me and everyone in the class.

The sub turned his head, and noticing that it was Narumi, began to cry with tears of joy, waved to the students and ran out leaving nothing but dust.

Merem stared at the door and then at Narumi-Sensei. 'Class B's teacher! Amazing!' She thought with stars in her eyes.

"Miss me, students?" Narumi Sensei wore slim-fitting clothes and a beret on his head. And smiled at me. "Let me answer Nastume-Kun's question. I have a feeling you two will be seeing each other more often." He said with a frown.

'This can't be good news,' Merem thought worriedly.