Shopping... Chapter 10

"That's it? Natsume burnt your beautiful dresses, and that's all you want in return?" Mikan looked at Merem in shock.

"Yes," Merem looks at the ground covered in ashes in resignation. "Would you mind helping me clean before you go?"

"No need! Just stay put and relax, okay? We'll take care of the mess." Iinchou said straightforwardly.

She watched as the others walked to the pile of ash and began to clean up. Even Natsume was helping out, his face full of conflicting emotions. Hotaru had taken out one of her inventions made to clean up messes, and began to control it with her remote control. Her face impassive the entire time.

I began to think about the dresses once again...It's fine... I can just make new ones.

She goes to her navy-blue starred bag, and opened it before reaching in.

Sigh...There's nothing in here. It's Friday tomorrow, I guess I'll use the money I received when I first got here to buy some more cloth. I should pamper myself after holing myself up in my room. All of this sewing took up so much of my time I haven't even spoken to my classmates. I though it belatedly.

She turned around to glance at them shyly, before speaking in a quiet raspy voice—which she gained from crying so hard, "Um... Would you all mind accompanying me to the central town tomorrow morning?"

Everyone looked up, the faces covered in soot, at the sight, Merem hid her face behind her hand, finding that they looked ridiculous. The only exceptions to the messy face were Natsume, Hotaru, and Ruka.

Yes, she was sad that the dresses she worked so hard to make were gone, but hanging out with her favorite characters negate all of the negative feelings she felt from earlier.

"Sure, what do you plan on buying Merem-San?" Iinchou asked her.

"I need to buy some new materials, I happened to run out..." She rubbed her eye, and felt it was swollen. Was I really crying that hard?

"Sure," Hotaru spoke up after a bit of thought. "If going to central town and the modeling will get rid of the terrible feeling I have right at this moment, then I'm willing to do it free of charge."

Mikan gaped at Hotaru, surprised she had said that to Merem.

Merem smiled.

"Alright, let's meet up after class ends tomorrow morning." She looked out the window of her room and noticed that it was getting darker outside.

"Oh no! I can't have guests continue to stay in my room without permission, Takahashi-San will berate us all, and we don't want that now do we?" I said, a smile painted on my face.

I pushed them all out of my room, before saying another good bye, and a reminder for tomorrow's plans.

Slam

I could hear Mikan speak albeit the sound was muffled, "I wonder if Merem is still angry with us."

Thwack

"Ouch, Hotaru what was that for?"

The hit sounded really painful.

"This is all because you caused us to misunderstand the situation, that such a huge mess occurred." Hotaru said in agitation. Her impassive facade breaking after leaving Merem's room.

Iinchou stood still, watching the scene pan out. He sweat-dropped. Imai-San is really good at hiding her emotions...Though I do agree that Mikan's reaction sounded over the top.

He looked at the other two people with them, I'm surprised that Natsume-Kun, and Ruka-Kun decided to come together with us. I thought they didn't care about the Merem-San...