Smarts.. Chapter 7

I sat down at one of the tables, ready to receive my food. Over in the distance I can see my classmates, I look down solemnly, maybe they would invite me over.

    I watched as Takahashi-San placed a large lunch box in front of me. "For the newest special star" she said. I thanked her graciously and opened the lunchbox. It looked delicious, in my excitement I looked up only to see them smiling.. like I've always seen them do in the manga. I guess I don't really fit in. No, no don't misunderstand, I'm probably not trying to speak to them as much as I can, Mother did say I was too awkward which was why people did not want to be my friend. My hands began to fidget so I started to eat to calm my nerves.

Breakfast was wonderful.. I don't remember the last time I had been able to eat something so well-prepared. There was so much food I could not finish it all and asked Takahashi-San if I could take some with me.

'Oh! Everyone is beginning to leave' I grab my leftovers and head to class-B. I arrived later than everyone as they are already seated so I look for an empty place to sit. The only empty seat was the one in the front of the class. Apparently this is math class with Jinno-Sensei. I remember the conversation I had with my Mother.

    "A 91 is not an A." As she stared at me with her cold soulless eyes.

At this point I had accepted that I may not ever see my mother again.. and that I had actually transmigrated into the world of Gakuen Alice.

Bang.. a man with a frog on his shoulder walks in..He has brown hair, and wears glasses.

"I hear we have a new student today, I am Jinno-Sensei, can you stand up and answer this question." He asked me as he walked to the chalkboard and wrote a math equation down.

584 * 48 = ?

Murmurs could be heard around.. was Jinno Sensei already testing the girl? That's too mean. People—especially Mikan, gave pitying looks to the transfer who caught Jinno-Sensei's attention.

I stand up from my seat and walk up to the chalkboard to write down 28,032. 'This is.. hopefully this is right.. I don't know whether to trust myself anymore.'

"Hmmm.. You may sit down now." Jinno Sensei said to me. 'Good.. this is good, she answered that equation in a snap, other than Imai, and Hyuuga I don't think anyone would be able to solve it without struggling a little.' He said to himself.

    I look up to see Jinno-Sensei looking down at me. Behind me I can feel my classmates sharp stares. The class passed quickly after that. Jinno taught us multiplication, something that I already knew, and then class ended.

    I make up to leave the class, 'maybe Narumi-Sensei has brought my cloth already, I should go get him.' And with a cold face I make my way to the door. I can feel everyone's stares on me and truthfully it was getting harder to breathe in there.

    "Wait!" Step, step, step..

    I hear someone say before they pull me away from the door. I turn around to see Mikan panting.

    "Wait!" She said as she tried to regain control of her breathing, once she recovered enough she asked another question. "Do you want to hang out with us?"

    "Eh?" I said surprised, my purple eyes widen after Seeing Mikan's friendly aura. 'It's too bright!' I close my eyes..does this usually happen? I thought.

    "It's just.. I felt bad that no one wanted to show you around the school yesterday. I had plans I made with Hotaru so I couldn't really help out, and others already had premade plans too. Please don't be angry with us, we don't usually act this way." Mikan looks up with a sad look on her face.