Prologue

You Are My Kingdom Hearts: Prologue.

Jai's POV:

"One... Two... Three," Leon counted, nodding with approval as I landed a hit on Cloud every time. Cloud narrowed his blue eyes, charging at me with his long, thick sword. I grinned, dodging and hitting him from behind on the back of the head.

"Every time, Jai. Every single time," Cloud grunted, climbing to his feet and wandering off. Leon smirked at me, his brown hair blowing all over the place in the breeze.

"Well done. You're getting better every day," he complimented me, that proud look in his eyes. I smirked slightly, letting my mauve hair fall in my face. Yes, mauve. As in light purple. And yes, it is natural.

"I'm better than you," I bragged, challenging Leon. He arched an eyebrow at me, smiling.

"Oh really, now? We'll see, Jai. We will see," he replied, seeming distant and mysterious. I rolled my eyes, turning around to go back to Merlin's house.

3... 2...1!

I turned around quickly, blocking Leon's sudden but predictable attack to tackle him to the ground. He blinked in shock as I extended an arm to help him up.

"Wha?" he breathed in disbelief, grabbing my hand as I pulled him up.

"Did you really think I'd be stupid enough to turn my back on an opponent?" I teased, rolling my eyes. 'Never turn your back on an enemy' was one of the most well-known rules of combat. Leon grinned cheerfully, sauntering back to Merlin's with me.

"Touché."

"Jai! Leon!" Yuffie panted, appearing breathless at the doorway of Merlin's house. I was surprised the short-haired, little ninja hadn't hopped down from a building to see us. That was kind of Yuffie's thing. The earth began to tremble and shake beneath our feet, which was weird. We didn't get earthquakes in Radiant Gardens. Not often, anyway.

"What's going on?" Leon demanded worriedly, glancing around at our beautiful town.

"Just get inside!" Yuffie ordered desperately, yanking on our arms. I snatched my arm away, scanning the inside of Merlin's for a certain blonde head. No sign of Cloud.

"Where's Cloud?" I asked sharply, my amber eyes widening with fear. Along with Leon, Cloud was like a brother to me. He looked out for me, and in return, I attempted to look out for him. Aerith wandered over to the doorway, her emerald orbs pleading with mine.

"He'll be fine. Just please, come inside! Before something bad happens!" she begged, tears filling her eyes. I exchanged glances with Leon, my fear growing more and more by the second. He grabbed my hand reassuringly, and pulled me over the threshold. Yuffie slammed the door behind us as we - the majority of the town - huddled together in the lounge room.

"It'll be alright," Leon whispered, pulling me to his chest. "I promise."

I whimpered slightly, relaxing in his arms. I felt a single tear slide down my cheek. I knew it wasn't all going to be alright. I could feel it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey! I absolutely ADORE Kingdom Hearts, so I thought: 'Hey! Why not be nerdy and write a fan fiction about this amazing creation?' so I did! And I'm gonna make sure I write more than just one! This fan fiction is based on Axel *faints* as it says in the title :3 Enjoy!

-Miki xo