iv.

Annika ran her fingers through her hair one more time, the blue eyed beast was now resting at the back of her head

beast was now resting at the back of her head. Gauri sighed heavily, her hands pained with the amount of time she had spent on making her look perfect. She could see her efforts which displayed on her face, her features were on display, her cheeks were a bit heavily brushed with rose colored blush but it wasn't the centre of attraction but her body was.

Annika had looked at herself for the fifth time in the mirror, she wasn't sure if she looked perfect or not but who wanted to look perfect anyways? She liked the way she looked, even if she had flaws, she cherished each part of her body. Gauri cleared her throat, standing next to her in the front of the mirror, a smile ghosting her face.

"You look beautiful, I hope that man jumps onto you right away when he sees you" Annika grinned, her already rosy cheeks were now painted in deep red. Would he though? Would he even look at her? Would he want to smile at her when she shows up? What was she thinking? He was Shivaay Singh Oberoi, he didn't give a second glance at anything at all and here she was, expecting the things that would never happen.

"Keep going Annika, I heard he hates when people are late" She nodded at her, she knew that better, with that tight schedule of his, she doubted how was he even giving her the time of the world. Annika grabbed the clutch off the table, the red stilettos hugged her feet, she stumbled a bit but kept walking in them. She could handle them, after all had a collection of shoes and she had perfected the art of walking in them.

She looked down at her phone, no message from him, it was all very silent. Annika's eyebrows arched up at Gauri who had a frown on her face, she grabbed the phone off Annika's hands. "What are you doing?" Gauri gave her a forced smile before typing something in her phone, probably messaging the devil.

"Here" Gauri handed the phone back to her, Annika looked down into it immediately, she had written 'I am waiting for you' which made Annika gulp down hard, would he think that she was being desperate to meet him when all she did back in his office was to contemplate on the proposal he had asked her.

Maybe, Gauri did the right thing because he was already thirty minutes late and seeing no response from him made it look like he was running late. She couldn't blame him, he was a busy man, he had errands to run, make every employee in his office work and on cherry on top, he had to take care of his family too.

Gauri sat down on the sofa, switching the television on while Annika stood near the coffee table lost in her own thoughts, it had been two years since she went on dates, she had almost forgotten what it felt to be to go on dates. She missed her teenage years, back when things weren't this serious, when only thing she had to focus on was her studies and she could crush on any guy she found attractive.

Her legs have up and she sat down on the chair nearby, her fingers massaging her head, her eyes following the place where she had kept her phone which did not bother to ping any second. Gauri watched her silently, after a couple of sighs, she made her way towards Annika and grabbing her phone yet another time. "I am calling him" She announced and gave her some seconds to respond and she did.