xxiii

Parting away from Annika was so very difficult, after staying hours in each other's arms and the gentle touch of her fingers on his skin, everything was driving him crazy

Parting away from Annika was so very difficult, after staying hours in each other's arms and the gentle touch of her fingers on his skin, everything was driving him crazy. But there he was, standing in front of her building, sending her off. Shivaay held her wrists in both his hands, staring down at her seren face, she was blushing, hard. And he had to chuckle at her this action, she was way more cute than she knew. Biting down at his bottom lip, he brought her closer. 

"Now, do I have to make myself clear that you blushing turns me -"

"Right, right. I will not blush" Annika tugged her hair strand behind her ear, rolling her eyes at him. How was supposed to not blush when he did things like this, his touch was enough to make her body to be on fire. Shivaay gazed at her and then at their hands, intertwining them together. Her hand perfectly fitting in his. Not in his wildest dream he had thought that a day will come when he was going to fall for anyone, so hard. 

Annika looked at her watch to find it was going to be almost midnight. "I need to go. I have to reach the office early tomorrow. And did you read the article?" Annika questioned, her eyebrows raising in the process. Shivaay nodded his head, it was the first thing he did today, he had read her article and he could say that she had done a great work. 

"You did so good, baby" Shivaay caressed her cheeks with his hands and brought her face closer to his. He gently touched his lips to her forehead and Annika's face turned red, his tender kiss on her skin made her eyes shut tightly. Shivaay pulled away, her hands were hanging around his shoulder, he gave her a wide smile, playing with her hair, curling a strand around his finger. 

"Do you have to really go? I don't want you to go" Shivaay sighed as he said, he honestly wanted her to stay for some more time, spend more time with her. Annika gave him a sad smile, she herself didn't want to part away from him. 

"I wish we would stay like this forever too, but we have to go" Annika kept her head down at his chest, hearing his heartbeat which felt like a lullaby to her ears, it was steady and calm. Annika wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling into his warmth. 

It felt like home, staying in his arms was never going to be tiring and the more she shifted in his chest, the more she yearned for. Shivaay chuckled, his fingers tangled in her hair, she smelled like strawberries and it evoked a passionate emotion in him, the need of her to stay close to him. Annika parted away, moving forward to give a soft kiss at his jaw, with a small smile playing on her lips. "This Cinderella needs to go before the clock strikes at twelve"

"But you will leave behind your glass slipper, won't you? Or else, how am I going to find you?"

"Well, you need not need to find me, I will always find my way to you" Annika grinned and Shivaay's heart fluttered hearing the words slip from her mouth. She looked gorgeous under the moonlight, her face was glowing, her hair was flying up and down in the air, her lips were parted and her intense gaze on him, he felt like he was in a slow motion movie.