Chapter 40: Acceptance

Deanna's POV

Days has passed pero hindi pa rin ako kinakausap ni Dad. It's our last day here in Maravilla beach and hindi na rin ako umaasang dito kami magkakausap ni Dad, baka nga makabalik na ko ng Manila and still hindi niya pa rin ako kayang kausapin.

"Sachi tara let's swim, we're going home na later oh let's enjoy it na" dichi said.

"Sige I'll follow nalang later" I replied.

"Langga join us ha" mom said tapos I nodded my head and then they went to the sea na to swim. I texted Jema earlier to greet her good morning and she did the same naman pero she said that she can't text me for the next few hours kasi may training daw sila. I walked on the sand na medyo malapit sa sea tapos umupo ako to watch them. They are having fun in the water and they kept on calling my name para sumali sa kanila.

"Later na, I'll swim later" I shouted to them.

"You don't want to swim right now?" I was surprised to hear dad's voice. It's the first time that he talked to me after I told them the truth.

"No later na lang" I replied tapos I felt him sat beside me.

"It's better to swim right now hindi pa tutok yung sun oh, hindi ka pa mabuburn" he said tapos I looked at him and then he smiled at me.

"Sachi I want to apologize for the way I acted, nagulat lang ako Anak" dad added tapos inakbayan niya ako.

"It's okay Dad, I understand" I said to him smiling.

"I was hurt because it took you many years to tell us who you really are and what you really feel" dad said.

"Sachi I'm sorry if I didn't understand you immediately, hindi ko kasi matanggap na you're getting matured na kasi you can make your own decisions na without asking our help" sabi pa ni dad.

"I accept you Anak I accept who you are and who you love, I am willing to accept everything for you because I love you" sabi niya tapos he hugged me tightly.

"I love you too Dad, I'm sorry if I can't be the daughter that you want me to be" I told him as I hugged him back.

"No Sachi don't say sorry for showing who you really are, what matters the most is that you're happy" dad replied.

"Are you happy with her?" he pulled back tapos he asked me.

"Yes Dad I'm so happy with her" I said with teary eyes.

"Then I won't stop you from being happy, I want your happiness Sachi you deserve to be happy" he said.

"Thank you Dad, you don't know how much your acceptance means to me" I told him tapos I hugged him again.

"I missed you Anak, can you forgive Daddy for not being understanding?" sabi niya.

"Of course Dad but first let's join them na kanina pa nila tayo pinapanood oh" I said tapos hinila ko si Dad papunta sa may sea. It was just a moment ago that I'm thinking of going back to Manila without talking to my Dad pero look how the tables have turned, we're okay na and we're having fun na sa last day ng swimming namin. Thank God because I have a supportive and an understanding family, I couldn't ask for a better family na pwede kong uwian everytime that I'm feeling down. Coming out to them wasn't that easy at all pero I'm grateful that they found a way to accept the real me.

.....

After we swim and explore the beach we came back to our cottage para magbanlaw at magayos na ng mga gamit namin. We left the beach and we made our way to the restaurant na pinareserved pa ni Dad for our dinner and also for the early celebration of Mom's birthday kasi malapit na rin yung birthday niya. We're currently eating our dinner ng biglang magtanong si Dad sakin about kay Jema.