Chapter 1

Alexis's POV

My name is Alexis Banning. I am the daughter of Moira and Peter Banning. I bet you were thinking about Peter Pan right now. But he's not Peter Pan. That's what he says at least. I have two siblings, Maggie and Jack. Maggie is my youngest sister and Jack is my second youngest brother. I'm the oldest child in the family. But I'm not that much older that Jack. I'm around his age. I always wanted to have my freedom and to go out most of the time, even if it's just a walk around the block, but I have a lack of it. My dad would never let me.

Right now, me and my family are at my sister's play. She's playing as Wendy in the Peter Pan story. This is the story based off of my grandmother, which her name is Wendy as well.

During the play, the ringing of my dad's phone was heard, so he answered the phone. That's another problem that he has. He always goes into work whenever he is busy. It's like he thinks his work is more important than his family.

"Brad. Yeah, I'm at my daughter's play. It's impossible. I'm on a plane to London tomorrow night with my family. A children's hospital-- A children's hospital is dedicating an entire wing to Granny Wendy. Brad... All right. Want a meeting, tomorrow a.m.?" My dad continued to talk on the person on the phone.

He was going to have a meeting at that time? That means he's going to miss Jack's baseball game.

"Dad, my game! You promised," Jack whispered to our dad. Right on cue.

"Listen, it's my son's big game. Last game of the season. Santa Series. I got to be there. I promised, so... We'll make it a short meeting," I heard my dad say on the phone. He then turns to look at Jack. "I'll be there. My word is my bond," Dad said.

I heard that before.

Timeskip

Right now, we are at Jack's baseball game. Him and his team just went out into the outfield. We all cheered for jack and his team. Then our mother looked around her surroundings. Probably trying to find Dad.

"Where is you father? He's missing it?" Mom asked as she looked at me.

"He said he would be here. He did promise. I hope," I mumbled the last part to myself.

Later on into the game, Dad still did not show up. Jack is batting right now. If he misses, the he strikes out.

We all continued to cheer for him as he is trying to sty focused.

"Come on, Jack! You can do it!" I cheer for my brother.

Once the pitcher throws the ball, Jack swings the baseball bat and...

He strikes out.

The other team has won the game. I felt bad for him. Dad wasn't even here to watch him play. I just don't understand why Dad thinks that his work is more important than his own family.