Chapter 8

Alexis's POV

We had to do something to save them. For now, we can't give away who we really are.

"Those are my kids! Those are my kids. Jack!" Dad yelled.

Great going, Dad. Real smooth.

As he made his way towards him, he was then pulled back by two pirates and stood in front of Hook. They started to speak to each other. I couldn't understand what they were saying because they were standing a few inched away from me.

The only thing I did hear was only for a short time.

"No! Smee! Who is this impostor!" Hook asked Smee.

"Peter flogging, flying Pan," Smee answered as he made his way towards them.

They continued to talk and look for a least some things to prove that he was Peter Pan. After a while, Hook started to walk in my direction.

"I think we've an obligation to clarify this Pan problem. A disaster. Which must be remedied," Hook said.

"Expediently," Dad said.

"Expediently, I agree," Hook then said.

"I want my children. For me, the stakes can be no higher," Dad then said.

"And for me, sir, they can have sunk no lower. And I want my war!" Hook said.

"Blow him out of the water, Dad!" Jack said. This caused me to smile and shake my head.

"Daddy's handling this. It's okay," Dad said.

"Oh, come on, Peter, pick up your weapon," Hook told Dad.

"All right," Dad said as he reached for something in his pocket, which caused everyone to draw out their swords. It was a check. "How much?" Dad asked.

Hook then got out a gun and shot at the check. The check then had a hole, but also killed a pirate that was hit by the bullet.

"Hoist and raise the kiddies!" Hook then said.

That can't be good.

Jack and Maggie were then raised above us as they called for Dad.

"I'll make you a deal, Mr. Chairman of the Board. Fly up there and touch the outstretched fingers of you frightened children, and I'll set them free," Hook told Dad.

"I can't fly," Dad said.

"Go on, explode out of there. Stop the charade. Free your children," Hook said as my siblings called out for our dad.

Dad then whispered something to Hook, but I couldn't here it. It wasn't until Hook spoke out loud.

"Peter Pan has a real problem with heights," Hook said as he and the rest of the pirates started laughing.

"Dad, help!" Jack yelled.

"It's okay. Hang on, son. I'm coming, sweetheart. Somebody give me a hand," Dad said.

"I already have," Hook said.

Dad started to climb the wooden pole and made his way to Jack and Maggie. Dad then tried to reach out for them, but almost fell. I know how much he's afraid of heights, but this is serious.

"Smee, I don't understand. Why doesn't he fly? Is it not Peter Pan?" Hook asked.

"He's Peter Pan all right, Captain. He's just been away from Neverland so long, his mind's been gentrified. He's forgotten everything," Smee said. That actually makes sense.

After a while of silence, Hook finally spoke.

"Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war," Hook said. The pirates then took down Dad and tried his hands behind his back. "Kill them. Kill them all," Hook said.

That's not good.

The pirates then set up the plank and they put Dad on the edge of it.

"And I never want to hear the name 'Peter Pan' again," Hook said.

All of a sudden, Tink flew up to Hook and started to have a little chat with him. I couldn't tell what they were saying, so I had to wait until their chat was over. Hook then looked at all of us.

"Hear me, men. For reasons of good form, I've decided that the so-called Pan will return in three days to commence the arbitrament of the sword. Smee, translate," Hook said.

"In three days, we're going to have a war, a battle between good and evil, to the death," Smee translated for Hook.

This caused everyone to cheer. But what shocked me was that a pirate accidentally pushed Dad off of the ship. I had to do something, so I quickly took off my disguise and ran towards the plank.

"Dad!" I yelled as I jumped and dived into the water.

As I dived in, I tried to look for Dad. It took a while to find him, but I finally did. What I saw surprised me. Mermaids were putting him in a giant shell. They then saw me and one of them swam to me.

They took one look at me and smiled. I guess she could see how related I was to Dad when he was younger. She then took me to Dad and placed me on the giant shell as well.

I then felt the shell being lifted and out of the water. I looked up and it looked like we were being lifted to some tree. I just hope we can get everything ready before the war in three days.