Chapter 12

Alexis's POV

So, everyone was getting ready for dinner and I was starving. I went to go find a spot to sit down. I then see someone wave their hand in the air.

"Hey, Alexis! Over here!" Don't Ask yelled over to me. I then smile and made my way over to him. I then sat in between Don't Ask and Ace.

As everyone was setting everything up, Dad finally comes and joins us. He sits down and grabs two spoons.

"No, no, no. We don't use them," Latchboy told Dad.

"Why do you have them?" Dad then asked.

"We have those, so we don't have to use them," Latchboy answered as Thud Butt sat down on the edge of the bench, which caused the other edge of the bench to go up, which then caused me and other boys to lean against Thud Butt.

I then notice that I was leaning against Don't Ask's chest as Ace was leaning against me. As the bench goes back down, I quickly go back to my sitting position. I then look at him.

"Sorry, Don't Ask," I apologized to him with a blush.

"It's okay, Alexis," Don't Ask told me as he blushed a little.

Then Rufio came in and sat down and everything went silent. Rufio and everyone else put their hands together.

"Everybody say 'Grace'," Rufio said.

"Bless this, O lord--" Dad started to say but got cut off.

"Grace!" Everyone yelled as they lifted the lids on top of the plates. Once they were lifted, they plates were empty. But the lost boys grabbed a few things even though there weren't anything. Now I was confused.

I then looked at Don't Ask.

"Hey, Don't Ask. How come I can't see anything?" I asked him.

"Just use your imagination," He told me.

So I closed my eyes and imagined that there was food in front of me. Once I opened my eyes, I saw a whole bunch of food. I then look at Don't Ask and smile.

"There you go! You got it!" He told me with a smile.

I then started eating some food that was in front of me. I then heard Dad complaining about not seeing the food and wanting some specific things. But he didn't go far because Rufio spoke up.

"You can't. Eat your heart out, you crinkled, wrinkled fatbag!" Rufio yelled as he threw Dad back his plate.

"You're a very ill-mannered young man. Do you know that?" Dad told Rufio.

"You're a slug-eating worm," Rufio said back.

"Come on, you can do better than that," Tink told Dad.

"I can't believe you're encouraging this," Dad told Tink.

"Yeah, now show me your fastball, dustbrain. You paunchy, sag-bottomed puke pot," Rufio said.

"Bangerang, Rufio!" Everyone yelled out.

"You are a very poor role model for these kids, you know that?" Dad said as everyone made a whistling sound and imitated an explosion. "I bet you don't even have a fourth-grade reading level," He added.

"Hemorrhoidal suck-navel," Rufio said.

"Maybe a fifth-grade reading level," Dad said as everyone made a whistling sound and imitated an explosion again.

"Boil dripping, beef fart-sniffing bubble butt," Rufio said.

"Bangerang, Rufio," Everyone yelled out.

"Someone has a server ca-ca mouth. Do you know that?" Dad told him.

"You are a fart factory. Slug-slimed sack of rat guts in cat vomit. Cheesy, scab-picked, pimple-squeezing bandage. A weak-old maggot burger with everything on it, and flies on the side," Rufio said as everyone were grossed out on what he said.

How is Dad going to get him back?

Dad then stands up. "Substitute chemistry teacher," He said.

Nice going there, Dad.

"Mung tongue."

"Math tutor."

"Pinhead."

"Prison barber."

"Mother lover."

Nearsighted gynecologist."

"In your face, camel cake!"

"In your rear, cow derriere."

"Lying, crying, spying, prying ultra-pig!"

"You lewd, crude, rude, bag-of-prechewed-food dude."

"Bangerang, Peter!" Thud Butt yelled out as everyone yelled it out as well.

"You man! Stupid, stupid man!" Rufio yelled at Dad.

"Rufio, if I'm a maggot burger, why don't you just eat me! You two-toned zebra-headed, slime-coated, pimple-farming paramecium brain, munching on your own mucus, suffering from Peter Pan envy!" Dad yelled at Rufio.

"What's a paramecium brain?" Don't Ask questioned.

"I'll tell you what a paramecium is. That's a paramecium! It's a one-celled critter with no brain that can't fly! Don't mess with me, man. I'm a lawyer!" Dad said as he pointed to Rufio and then sat down.

We all then started chanting Dad's name as Rufio tried to get the boys to chant his name, but it didn't work. I then see my Dad scoop up some frosting from his bowl and aim it towards Rufio.

"Oh, Rufio, why don't you just go suck on a dead dog's nose?" Dad asked as he threw it at him.

Once it hit his face, Dad looked surprised and looked at his spoon.

"You're doing it," Too Small said.

"Doing what?" Dad asked.

"Using your imagination, Peter," Pockets told him.

Dad then takes one good look at his surroundings and sees a whole bunch of food.

"You'r playing with us, Peter. Your doing it. Peter, look, you're doing it, see?" The boys started saying as we all continued eating, including my dad. I then see Rufio and leaves to an area that's not near my dad as he crossed his arms.

As Dad was eating, Thud Butt spoke.

"Peter. Catch," He said as he threw frosting at him. This caused both me and Tink to laugh out loud.

Peter then gets some frosting and throws it at Thud Butt. Ace then gets some frosting and aims.

"Hey, Pockets. Catch," Ace said as he threw some at Pockets.

"Oh, Don't Ask?" Someone said as he threw some frosting. But what shocked me was that it didn't get him, but it got me. My face was then covered in frosting.

I then look at Don't Ask to see him glaring at the boy who threw it at me and made a low growling sound. He then got a whole bowl of frosting and threw it at the boy, who was then covered in frosting.

Just then, the food fight had begun.

We were all throwing food at Dad when he was standing in front of everyone, until I heard Rufio spoke.

"Hey, Pan the man. Catch this," He said as he threw a coconut at Dad.

"Dad, look out!" I yelled to him.

"Peter, watch out," Ace said as he threw him a sword.

Dad then swung the sword and sliced the coconut in half. Everyone then looked at him in silence as Dad looked at the sword in shock.

"Bangerang," I mumbled to myself.

Dad then dropped his sword in shock and looked at us. Now I think he's getting better.