Chapter 3

Alexis's POV

We are in a taxi right now and are on our way to Granny Wendy's house.

"It's been a long time," Dad said.

"Let's have fun, Peter. London's a magical place for children. It was for us," Mom said as we exited the taxi and walked towards the entrance of the house. Jack, Maggie, and I were playing with some snow on the ground while Jack was making a snow ball.

"And very expensive," Dad said. Jack then kicked his snow ball towards Dad. "Jack, don't do that. You could put someone's eye out," Dad then told Jack.

We all then started walking up the stairs to the door, except for Dad. He was going up the wrong stairs.

"Dad, it's number 14," I told him.

"Hmm? Oh, 14. Sorry," Dad said as he followed us up the stairs.

"Okay. Now, what do you say to Granny Wendy? You say, 'How do you do?" Mom said as Jack started to climb up the railing of the stairs.

"Jack, get down from there! You'll break your neck. Be careful," Dad told Jack as he pulled him off of the railing.

"Is Granny Wendy the real, real Wendy from my play," Maggie then asked.

"Yes," Mom answered.

"No, honey, not really," Dad then said.

Man, why does he always have to be on the negative side? He always wants everything his way.

"Jackie! Don't be a sloucher. Come on. Take that gum out of you mouth. It's time to look our best. Remember, dears, first impressions are most important. Shoes tied. Shirt tucked. Smile," Dad told us as he knocked on the door.

See what I mean?

"All right. Remember, you're in England, land of good manners," Dad then said.

I thought England was the land of fun.

Then, the doors open and we see and older man. That's Uncle Tootles.

"Uncle Tootles," Dad greets.

"It's snowing!" Uncle Tootles yells and then shuts the door. This causes me and Jack to laugh. But Jack starts to choke on his gum he was chewing, so Dad hits Jack's back, which causes him to spit out the gum.

Then the door opens again, revealing a lady. I think her name is Liza. She then screams in happiness, which causes Mom to scream in happiness.

"Oh, look at these adorable children!" Liza said, gesturing to us.

"Uh, uh. It's good to see you, Libby...L-Linda...L-Lisa," Dad said, trying to figure out her name.

"Liza," Liza corrects.

"I said that," Dad then said.

No he didn't.

"Oh, Moira, how are you? You look wonderful!" Liza said as Moira hugs her.

She then pulls Jack in by the scarf and gestures for me and Maggie to enter.

"Look at the size... Look at you, such a big, sweet thing. Granny Wendy will be right down," Liza told us as we all enter the house.

We then go into the living room to put our stuff down and we see a Christmas tree full with present underneath it. Me, Jack, and Maggie go over to the presents to see which one was ours.

I then see a dog laying down by the tree. I think the dog's name was Nana. I go over and pet the dog as it sniffs me and licks my hand.

Jack, Maggie, and I then go out of the living room to see Granny Wendy. She then sees us.

"Oh, and this lovely lady, it can't be Maggie," Granny Wendy said. Maggie then goes over to Granny Wendy.

"Yes, it can, and you know what, Great-Grandma? I just played you at school," Maggie said, mentioning about her play.

"Oh, and don't you just look the part," Granny Wendy told her. She then turns to see Jack. "Oh, can this giant be Jack? How much you've grown in a year," She then said.

"I'm supposed to tell you about congratulations for opening the orphan hospital and how great the dedication is and...yeah," Jack said, not knowing what else to say.

"Thank you so very much," Granny Wendy said, and then looked at me. "Oh, this can't be Alexis, can it? You look just like Peter when he was younger," Granny Wendy told me. This caused me to smile.

"Thank you," I said.

"Now, there is one rule I insist be obeyed while you are in my house. No growing up," Granny Wendy told us. Jack and I looked at each other and smiled. "Stop this very instant, and that includes you, Mr. Chairman of the Board Banning," She then added as she looks at Dad.

"Ha. Sorry. Too late, Gran," Dad told her.

"Oh, and what is so terribly important about your terribly important business?" Granny Wendy asked. That was when Jack stepped forward.

"Well, you see, when a big company is in trouble, Dad sails in, and if there's any resistance--" Jack started to say, but then got cut off by our dad.

"Well, he's exaggerating. I'm still into mergers and acquisitions, and dabbling in some development," Dad corrects, but Jack continues.

"Any resistance! And he blows them out of the water!" Jack said as he imitates and explosion sound. I then giggle at what he said. Granny then looks up at Dad.

"So... Peter, you've become a pirate," She stated.