Chapter 18

Alexis's POV

We were all celebrating and cheering that Hook was finally gone. But it all ended when Dad and I looked at Jack and Maggie and realized that we can't stay.

"What's wrong, Peter?" Too Small asked him.

"I can't stay and play. I've done what I came to do and now I have to go back," Dad said.

Tears then started forming in my eyes after he said that. Don't Ask and I looked at each other with a sad look. I didn't want to leave him.

"No, Peter, please," All of the boys started saying as Dad went up to Jack and Maggie and looked at Tink.

"Tink, make my kids glow," Dad said as she spread her fairy dust on Jack and Maggie.

"Jack, Maggie, all you have to do is think one happy thought and you'll fly like me," Dad said as he walked towards them.

"Mommy," Maggie said.

"My dad. Peter Pan," Jack said.

They were then lifted from the ground and waved bye to the lost boys.

"Tink, you now the way. I'll be just behind you," Dad said as he landed on the ground and my siblings were already flying away.

I don't understand. Why didn't Dad have me fly away with them? He just probably wanted me to say one last goodbye to the lost boys.

Dad then looked at the lost boys in one group as I stood a few inches away from them.

"Don't leave us, Peter, and don't say goodbye," Thud Butt said.

"What's goodbye?" Too Small asked.

"It's going away, that's what it is. Forgetting about us all over again," Ace said.

"You're all my lost boys. I'll never forget you. Never," Dad said. He then stood up. "So who do I leave in charge?" Dad questioned as he got his sword out and held it as he was deciding who to have it.

I looked down in sadness because I knew that I was going to leave soon. I didn't want to say goodbye. This place feels like home already.

My thoughts were then interrupted when I saw the sword in front of me. I looked at it in surprise, knowing what that meant. I then looked up at Dad and saw him smile.

"Take care of these boys for me," Dad told me.

"Are you giving me my freedom?" I asked.

"I'm giving you more than just freedom. A home," Dad told me. I then smiled as I grabbed the sword. The first thing that got on my mind was Don't Ask. Now I get to be with him.

All of a sudden, I was lifted off the ground. No one was holding me and I didn't have any fairy dust on me. I was flying.

I found my happy thought.

Everyone was shocked to see me flying, so I landed back on the ground.

"I know you had a hard life, but now I want to give you a new one. Make your own choices and go where the world takes you," Dad told me.

I already had tears in my eyes as I jumped up and hugged my dad as he hugged back.

"I'll never forget you, Dad. I'll always remember you," I told him as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I'll never forget you, either," Dad told me.

He then put me down and took a few steps back as he flew up into the sky.

"That was a great game," Too Small said.

"Thank you for believing," Was the last thing I heard my dad say until he disappeared into the distance.

I then look at all of the lost boys with a smile.

"Come on, boys. Let's go home."