Chapter 2

Alexis's POV

At this moment, we are on a plane to London. We were going to visit Granny Wendy. I was sitting in between Jack and Mom while Dad and Maggie sat behind us. I wonder how Dad is doing because I know that he's afraid of heights.

To my left, I see Jack drawing a picture of a plane in flames and us outside of the plane. We were all wearing parachutes except for Dad. I could tell that he was mad Dad for not showing up at his baseball game.

Once he finished the drawing, I put my hand on top of his hand, which makes him look at me. I gave him a warm smile, which he returned the smile.

I then see Maggie take the picture that Jack drew and show it to Dad.

"Look what Jack drew!" I heard Maggie tell Dad.

"That's very nice, dear. What's that?" I hear Dad ask.

"Fire," Maggie answered.

"Fire? Really? Is that our plane?" Dad asked.

"Yep," Maggie said.

"Who are all these people?" Dad then asked.

"That's jack, that's Alexis, that's me, that's Mom, and that's-- A-and that's you," Maggie tells Dad. I could tell Dad didn't like the drawing because of the silence I heard.

"Where's my parachute?" Dad asked. Mom then turned around and looked at our dad. "I'm not going to make it to my next birthday," Dad said. Me and Jack looked at each other and tried to hold in our laugh.

"You'er not going to die without a phone and fax machine," Mom told Dad.

"I'm halfway there. I got the phone in the briefcase," Dad then stated.

"Talk to him," Mom said. I could tell that Jack didn't want to talk to him.

So, me and Mom moved back a row, next to Maggie, while Dad sat next to Jack. Jack was throwing his baseball up in the air and made it hit the ceiling of the plane. Every time he would catch it, he would repeat the routine.

I got a little tired, so I tried to fall asleep. The last thing I remember hearing was the sound of a baseball hit the ceiling and something falling out, along with my Dad screaming. I giggled and then went to sleep.