Chapter 13

Alexis's POV

It was already dark out and I was walking around the whole hideout. I also didn't have a place to sleep because there aren't any extra beds.

I was looking at the night sky and it reminded me of me when I was on the balcony back at home. Just then, my thoughts were interrupted.

"Alexis?" Someone said. I quickly turn around to see that it was Don't Ask.

"Oh, Don't Ask. It's just you," I said.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked me.

"Well, I was just looking at the night sky, and also because I'm not that sleepy. And also because I don't have a place to sleep," I told him. He then looked a little worried.

"Do you want to sleep with me?" He asked me. I was shocked to hear him say that. Why would he care for me?

"Are you sure? Because I don't want to get in your way most of the time," I asked him as I rubbed my arm.

"No, it's fine. You can sleep in my bed It's the least I can do," Don't Ask told me. I then blushed a little.

"Okay," I told him. He then lead me to his room. It actually looked pretty cool, even though it was small.

I then sat at on his bed and looked at the night sky, again.

"Do you always look at the night sky?" Don't Ask asked me.

"Not all the time. I only do it now because I just want to see it until I go back home," I told him.

"But isn't the night sky the same where you're from?" He asked me.

"It is, but I just feel that it's different now that I'm not at home. I'm always locked inside my house and not able to go out. I'm not even allowed to go on a balcony," I explained to him. That must have surprised him.

"How come you're not allowed to?" He then asked.

"I don't know. It's just that my dad doesn't allow me to. It's like he thinks his work is more important than his family before we came here," I told him. Don't Ask then gave me a look of sympathy.

"I'm feel sorry for the way you live your life. I just wish I could do something to make you happy," Don't Ask said. I then felt a warm feeling inside of me. I think that feeling is happiness.

"Don't be sorry. Besides, I feel happy now that I'm with you--with you guys," I said. Don't Ask then smiled at me, which I returned the smile.

Then, in the distance, I heard someone singing.

"Do you hear that?" I ask Don't Ask. Don't Ask then tried to listen hard.

"Yeah," He said. We then look into the distance and it sounded like it was coming from the pirate ship. It was my sister singing.

As I heard Maggie sing, I closed my eyes and listened carefully.

The stars are all my friends
Till the nighttime ends.
So I know I'm not alone
When I'm here on my own.

Isn't that a wonder?
When your alone.
You're not alone.
Not really alone.

I then open my eyes and looked far in the distance.

"My mom sang me that song," I said.

"She did?" Don't Ask asked.

"Yeah," I said.

Everything was silent until I broke the silence.

"I guess we should go to sleep. Tomorrow's another day," I said.

"Yeah, we should," Don't Ask agreed.

As we both got under the covers, Don't Ask blew out the candle and laid down next to me. I actually felt comfortable being near Don't Ask. He makes me happy.

"Goodnight, Don't Ask," I told him.

"Goodnight, Alexis," Don't Ask said back to me.

And just like that, I went to sleep.