Part 10

Why was this so frustrating! I just spent the last hour watching a stupid video on how to tie a tie, and it wasn't working. The museum opening was starting in 1 hour and I wasn't ready.

"Dad can you please tie this for me!" I yelled walking out of my room

I walked out to the living room to see the rest of the avengers dressed up in their dresses and fancy suits, and I felt under dressed.

"I will help you Peter" Wanda said walking over to me

She was wearing a beautiful red dress that cascaded down to the ground. She looked beautiful tonight. I couldn't help but blush as she started fixing my tie.

"You look handsome Peter" She whispered

"Thank you....you look pretty...um good. You look pretty good" I felt even more nervous than I did before

I saw her blush slightly before moving her eyes to the ground. Once she finished my tie, she looked up at me and smiled.

"Are you two done gazing into each other's eyes yet? Because we need to get going" Clint asked which caused both of us to look at him

The others laughed, but I saw Wanda blushing as bright as her dress. I ignored them before turning around and walking up to my parents room. Mom was in the middle of fixing dad's tie. She looked very beautiful in her blue gown, that just so happened to match mine and dad's suits.

"Oh Peter! You look so handsome. Did you tie that yourself, your father couldn't even do his" Mom laughed and walked over to me

"No....Wanda helped me"

"Good. Well are you ready for tonight? There will be lots of press and probably reporters who will ask you questions, but stay close to one of us. You are just my intern tonight alright" Dad said pushing me out the door

Once we're ready, we all took the elevator downstairs and waited to be escorted into the museum. Outside the doors I could see lots of press and people.

The doors finally opened and I could see crowds of people beginning to walk into the entrance. Dad said we had to walk through the doors last so the press could take pictures of us. Finally Happy escorted everybody one by one through the press and down the red carpet.

Steve and Bucky went first, then Clint, Natasha, and Sam. Bruce didn't really stay in front of the cameras for long before heading inside. Wanda then wrapped her arm around mine before she walked on the carpet.

"They will get suspicious if you walk in with your parents because you all dressed the same. So they asked me to walk with you. Now don't forget to smile" She whispered in my ear

I did what she said and I saw lots of flashes in my eyes. I heard people yelling and asking me questions, but I ignored them and continued to walk into the museum entrance.

There were lights and balloons everywhere. People were standing around and watching us as we walked in. I walked in further to see statues and glass cases filled with everybody's avengers weapons and outfits. Each avenger had their own display with pictures and information. It was amazing.

"You did great kid! Thank you Wanda. Now I hate to take you, but I have some people for you to meet" I looked at Wanda one last time before walking around with my dad

I don't think I ever shook this many hands in my lifetime. He introduced me as his intern and practically bragged about me to everyone he saw. I answered their questions and they said a lot of nice things about how impressive I was. I even talked to a few reporters about my job. I finally caught a break after an hour and walked over to the bar to ask for a drink.