Prolouge

The sun was seeping through the windows as I was waking up. It was Saturday so I decided to go hang out with Dal and Simone . I heard a knock on the door, so I rolled out of bed to answer the door.
     "Hey doll" Dally said while a smirk was growing on his face. Dang he's tuff. Not gonna lie I'm pretty sure I have a crush on him. Don't know what it really feels like to have a crush but I'm pretty sure this is what it feels like.
     " Hey Dal, were hangin out with Simone today right?" I said. His mouth curved into a smirk.
     "Nah" he said with his thick New York accent. I got confused.
     "Then what" his smirk grew wider
     "Nothin legal"I laughed
     "Not like this I'm not" I was dressed in spandex with Dally's shirt he gave me after I got jumped but some guy a month ago. I knew we would do harmless crimes like stealing, but I also knew Simone would get mad. But also I don't care.
     "Alright B, dress like a whore you'll get a beating" he laughed but I knew he would yell if I dressed like that. I got dressed in blue jeans with a whit tank top, black chucks, and soda's red flannel he mailed to me because he wanted to give something of his to me for some reason. Sodapop Curtis is my twin brother who lives in Tulsa. We've been sending letters ever since I left from New York. We were 6 when it happened, but we've learned to cope with it.
     We left the house and started to walk to the gas station we always steal from and never get caught. We already had a plan. I walked up to the semi-cute cashier, who looked like he was undressing me with his eyes,ew. He had blonde hair and was a little pale, he has pretty blue eyes I'll give him that. I started to flirt with him so I could distract him from dally who was stealing cokes and other snacks. I hate but Dallas' ex taught me to flirt because she thought I would need it since I don't get any guys. Not gonna lie she was nice but she couldn't keep one guy. After Dallas walked out of the store and I wrapped up the conversation I was having. He scribbled his number on a piece of paper and gave it to me I gave my friendly looking smile and walked out of the store. I walked beside dally and crumpled the price of paper and threw it in in the near by trash can.
     "What was that?" He asked as I sighed.
     "The cashiers number, I'm not really interested in him anyway" I said while he sighed. He looked relieved but I couldn't tell.
     After a while Simone came around and as soon as the sun set and the stars came out Brooke was admiring it.Dally was off that night. His face showed he was fine but his eyes showed an emotion of sadness,guilt, not wanting something. I didn't push it since he doesn't like to talk about his emotions. After Simone left we stayed there watching the stars glisten in the sky. It was probably 2am when Dally got up and took his dog tag necklace on that his mom gave him when she was still alive.
     "Here have this" he said nonchalantly. I was in shock of what he just gave me. He put the necklace on me and then I asked.
     "Why"
     "Why not I don't need two necklaces" I smiled at him and gave him my puppy look with my blue eyes and strands of my chocolate brown hair in front of my face so I looked cuter. I did this on purpose, but I don't think it affects him. It's always worth a shot tho. He smiled, he rarely smiles but when he does boy it sure is beautiful. After awhile he took me home. We said our goodbyes, little did I know that that was our last goodbye for awhile.
     The next day I expected  Dallas to be at my house but all day he wasn't. In the evening, Simone and I went to his house to see if he was there, he wasn't. His dad started to yell at us to get out of his property and to never come back because we're the reason why his son left him.I started to breathe heavy, I started to cry, hyperventilate, I was having a panic attack in the middle of the sidewalk. My first love left without saying a word about it. After I calmed down a little bit (Simone comforted her) I headed home that night I cried myself to sleep. Will he come back? Will I ever see him again?
The next morning there was a piece of paper hanging out from her desk. Yesterday I thought it was a random piece of paper but now I questioned what it was. I opened the drawer to a note that says To Brooklyn Lyion Curtis. This interested me so I opened it.
Dear Brooke,
I'm writing this letter to tell you I'm running away. You and Simone had nothing to do with it. My old man doesn't care and I can't take it here in New York. Man I'll miss you. Man I'm soft. That's not gonna happen anymore because I'm gonna hide away my past to the next place I could find so I can cause trouble there. I hope we meet face to face again but I don't think it will and it's for the best. It's better for you to move on. If you get married in New York and I don't know about it you'll get a piece of my mind. This is goodbye I'll never forget you, thank you.
Your best friend,
Dallas Winston
I started to cry again. I cried and cried and cried. Why would he leave if he'd miss me? Why? I started to punch the wall until everything was black and blue. My knuckles were bleeding. I didn't care. I called Simone to tell her about the letter.She saw my knuckles and bandaged them up and lectured me on why I shouldn't have punched the wall. I was numb. All I can do is hope to see him again.