Chapter 13

We've been here for four days and I'm missing the rest of the gang, especially Dallas. We were playing cards right now and I could really a cigarette right now.

"Hey J got a cancer stick?" I asked. I only smoked when I was stressed. They looked at me with a shocked expression.

"B you never ask for one why now?"Johnny asked. I looked at them with sad eyes. They came closer to me.

"I really don't know I'm just feeling anxious"I looked down.

"Ya know life doesn't even matter anymore. I'm on the run from the fuzz and I could be in the electric chair"Johnny said with tears brimming his eyes. I hugged him then Pony did.

"Don't say that Johnny. You got Dally, Lola, the gang" I said slightly crying too. "Johnny you're not alone" he started full out crying. Soon we all started crying. We had a smoke then we all went to sleep cuddled up to each other. Tomorrow morning I'm so gonna tease them about it.

I woke up to someone tickling me. I started to laugh and I opened my eyes to see Dally.

"DALLY!"I shouted and jumped on him hugging him. we pulled our heads back to kiss each other. We broke apart and stared at each other.

"Hey what about your best friend?"I heard Simone say. I tried to hop off of Dally but he wouldn't let go.

"Let me go so I can hug Simone Dal"I demanded.

"Not until you give me another kiss"he smirked. I rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss. "God I missed you"he said as we broke apart.

"I missed you too"I smiled. "Now let me down" he let me down and I ran to Simone and hugged her really tight. "Simone!" she almost got knocked down by the impact.

"I missed you Brooke and so does your other two brothers and the gang they miss you and wish you guys to come back"she said breaking the hug.

"Yeah Brooke you don't have anything to do with this why don't you go back?"Johnny asked.

"And you guys out here risking your lives living with only $50?hell no not happening"I said sternly.

"Hey blondie i got a letter for ya"Dally said to Ponyboy.

"Who's it from?"he asked.

"The president. Your brother Sodapop wrote it" he said sarcastically while giving it to him. After he gave it to him he walked over to me and hugged me from behind. One thing when I see him seriously dating he's clingy. He's become a player because he's gotten his heart broke so many times. I've seen him clingy but not this clingy. We all watched him read the letter.

"Never leave like that again, what if somethin happened to you while I was gone?" he whispered in my ear.

"Dal I was fine you don't have to worry about me"I whispered back.He sighed.

"You don't get it Brooke I worry about your safety all the time because I've gone soft for ya Curtis."he mumbled into my shoulder.

"Soooo turns out that Eliza is pregnant"Ponyboy said shocked. My eyes went wide.

"Who's the father?"I asked. Pony looked at me.

"Darry" Dallas said. My eyes went wide.

"That fast?"I said "Was he happy, is soda happy? I know I'm happy. I'm gonna be an aunt!"I squealed. It was a rarity when i squealed. I would if I was really happy. "Why didn't you tell us before you gave him the letter?" I asked Dally.

"I forgot I guess"he shrugged. I rolled my eyes. Im gonna be an aunt! I'm spoiling Noh and that baby. Or babies. What if it's twins?triplets?quadruplets!?I'm getting carried away. "Now lets get you guys some real food"

"Thank god I'm starving"Pony said in relief. Johnny and I nodded in agreement and walked out of the church. I saw Buck's car and walked to to backseat.

"Nope Brooke you're sitting right next to me"Dally said pushing me to the passenger seat. I rolled my eyes and said "fine". I hopped into the passenger seat. It was a hoodless car so it was easy. Dally put the key in the ignition and turned on the car. After the car started he drove off fast. I loved it when he drives. The air was flowing through my dark brown hair that was surprisingly looking nice for it not being combed. All of a sudden I felt something on my thigh. Out of reflexes I jumped, but then I saw it was Dally's hand, then I relaxed. I calmed me more. In the rear view mirror I saw Simone whisper something to Johnny. I shook it off.

We pulled into the Dairy Queen drive thru and Dally ordered what everyone wanted.

"Hey baby can we get a sundae"I gave him my puppy dog eyes.

"Only if we share it "he whispered.

"Will that be all?" the worker asked.

"Nah one caramel sundae"he said.

"Ok pull up to the next window and we'll have that out for you" the worker said. We pulled up to the next window and waited a few minutes and they got us our stuff. We parked in the DQ parking lot. Once we parked I turned my body so I looked at everyone. Dally gave us our food and we started to eat. I only asked for one BBQ sandwich because my body can't handle more than one. I took a sip of my Pepsi then Simone spoke up.

"So what are you gonna do Johnny"she asked. Johnny took a sip of his Pepsi.

"I think I'm gonna go back and try to file for self defense" he explained.

"How? You ran away thats a prime example of guilty if they ran away"Ponyboy asked.

"I don't know man I just am"Johnny said annoyed.Once we were done with our food, Dally started to lecture Johnny on how he shouldn't turn himself in and how jail can change you. I know Dally's been to jail plenty of times, but I also know that it can completely change you. This ride back to the church sure is gonna be fun.