Chapter 21

It's been a month since the party and I've been throwing up every morning then feeling fine afterwards. I'm also late on my period. Simone is having the same problem. I've also gained weight which is weird because I've been the sam weight since freshman year. Everyone has been worried sick and wondering what's happening to me. Darry is saying that we should go to a hospital but I fired back. Yeah I went to bucks that night. I've been going through the possibilities of what could be happening. And I narrowed it down to one thing. Pregnancy. I couldn't be. I've never had sex before that I could remember. Today I decided to go to the store and buy a pregnancy test. I didn't want to go to the DX because Soda was working that day. I was picking up a pregnancy tests that looked the easiest for me. As I was looking I saw Darry waiting in line to pay for some food. Just what I needed. I grabbed 3 pregnancy tests and ran to the next aisle so he wouldn't see me. I was craving ice cream so I went to the freezer section and got some ice cream. I got chocolate peanut butter which is my favorite. I hid the pregnancy tests in Dally's coat pocket. I decided that I would just shoplift it. I'm in the I don't care mood at the moment.I got in line and acted like I didn't see Darry. After he payed he say me and walked up to me.

     "Hey B whatcha doin aren't you supposed to be home and in bed?" He asked. I've been telling him that I've felt fine after I throw up but he wasn't having it.

     "I told you Dar I feel fine. I'm just here to get some ice cream I've been wanting it for awhile now. How Lizzy doin by the way?" I asked. He chuckled.

     "She's doin great Coco cake is looking so much like her mamma"yes we call her coco cake. After the gangs favorite food. I giggled.

     "Two proud mothers"I joked. He chuckled.

     "I have to eat and get back to work see ya around baby hope you feel better"he kissed my head.

     "See ya Superman have a good rest of your day at work." I smiled and waved him goodbye. When he left it was my turn to pay. I walked to the house and went straight to the bathroom and locked the door. I got out the box and opened it. I read the directions and followed them. I took a deep breath before looking a the test. Positive. I dropped the test. That can't be right. I opened the second one and took it. Positive. My breath was getting shaky. I got out the third test and took it. Positive. My heart sank. I'm pregnant at 16 almost 17 years old. The gang is gonna kill me. What will Dally say? I'm definitely not getting an abortion. I dropped the test and started to sob. Dallas must've been on the couch and heard me. He knocked on the door.

     "Doll are you ok?"he asked. I don't answer I just curled up into a ball in the bathtub kept sobbing. I heard banging. "Babe open the door" Dally pleaded.

     "N-no" I managed to get out. Next thing I knew the door flew open. I don't look up.

     "Brooke are you-." I looked up and answered before he could say pregnant.

     "YES YES I AM PREGNANT I TOOK 3 TESTS AND THEY WERE ALL POSITIVE" I yelled. I saw Simone Soda Johnny and Dally staring at me in shock. I started to cry more. They hate me.

     "Shhhh shhhh don't cry mamma b don't cry" Simone said. She's been calling me that all month.

     "Y'all hate me for having a baby at 17"I cried more.

     "No no baby we don't hate you we support you"Soda said while getting in the tub and sitting right next to me.

     "Yeah B we support you"Johnny said sitting on the edge of the shower. Simone sat on Sodas lap and comforted me. I looked over at Dallas with sad eyes.

      "Dally you are the father" I said. His eyes lit up.

     "Really!?"he asked.

     "Yeah who else would I let take it" I laughed while wiping away my tears that were now drying. He has tears threatening to come out. Suddenly he came over and kissed me. I didn't hesitate to kiss back. At this point he has tears of joy coming out of his eyes.

     "I wouldn't have it any other way" he whispered trying tot to cry. I got up and hugged him. Then everyone went and hugged. We broke apart after awhile.

     "If it makes you feel better I'm pregnant too"she said. My eyes lit up. We would always say that we would have kids at the same time but we didn't know this early. I squealed. "I KNOW RIGHT"

     "A DREAM COME TRUE"I said with excitement. Our babies are gonna be best friends. Known fact. "Want ice cream?"I asked Simone.

     "Yes I would"Dallas answered.

     "I was asking Simone dipshit"I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek. 

     "I've been craving it for a whole month" she sighed.

     "I have too"I said excitedly again. I could feel the boys looking at us with google eyes. Johnny was glad that Dally and I were happy. He's like our son. He sees Dallas as an older brother. Their relationship is so pure I love it. I got the ice cream and all of us ate it. It was silent for a few minutes and I realized something.

     "What's Steve and Darry gonna say about it?"I asked. Simone and me stared at eachother. We're screwed.