Chapter 5

I walked to the front door and slam it open, stumbling in the process. Darry stood straight up and was pissed.

     "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!"Darry screamed slamming his newspaper down. Why does he always have to be so uptight?

     "I was out having fuuuunnn c'mon lighten up supermannnnn" I slurred almost falling over while slamming the door shut. Dally looked at my with concerned eyes.

     "Brooklyn are you ok" Dally asked. He never used my real name unless he was mad at me or worried. I shrugged it off.

     "Whose jacket is that?" Pony asked like he knew whose jacket it was.

     "Guys look" Johnny said scared out of his mind. His face was pale, he looked like he was gonna pass out. Being drunk I looked the opposite way he pointed because i saw him point that way. "It's that soc that jumped me real bad a few months ago!"

     "Oh you probably mixed him up with someone else, he would never jump anyone. He's my boyfriend!!" I said happily. No one else seemed happy at all.

     "What did you just say Brooklyn!?"Darry screamed at me. I got some confident and decided to get smart with him.

     "He.Is.My.B O Y F R I E N D boyfriend" I smirked and slurred

     "Look Brooke, if you knew what was good for you, you would break up with him, he gets mean when he's drunk you don't wanna date that" Simone said. Why would she say that when I was so supportive with her dating a soc?Well I did snitch, I still feel bad about that even though I'm drunk.

     "Yeah I agree Brooke, I mean you just moved here give it some time" Soda chimed in. I got pissed I mean real pissed. Sober I would never snap at him but I'm a whole other person drunk. 

     "NO MIND YOUR BUSINESS!" I snapped at Soda. His face was clear that he was shocked.

     "Young lady, you are not to be dating any boys i do not approve of, now go break it off with him and apologize to Sodapop for yelling at him!" Darry was now very pissed and I could feel some tears coming but I held them back successfully. I was tired of Darry's bs.

     "YOU KNOW WHAT DARRY...MIND YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS, OK?!YOU ARE NOT DAD AND NEVER WILL BE SO JUST STOP BOSSING ME AROUND!" I screamed at Darry. The room was dead silent, until they all started yelling at me even Simone. I felt the walls caving in I've always hated arguments with people I care about. What broke me the most was Dally yelling at me he was the loudest. Hell even Johnny was yelling at me. I couldn't take it anymore. I started to cry and ran to my room and slammed the door. I pulled Bob's jacket tighter over me and clung onto dally's dog tag necklace he gave me. It had his name written in pretty cursive. I started to cry even more. Then there was a knock on the door.

     "Who is it?" I said weakly.

     "It's Simone, can we talk please?"she asked. I really need to apologize to her for snitching. I feel terrible about that. I opened the door. I just broke there and hugged her.

     "I'm soooo sorry I didn't mean to tell Steve about Randy and I didn't mean to yell at you down there." I said continuing to cry. I was sobering up, that's the only good thing in this situation.

     "Hey it's fine, I'm sorry for yelling at you down there too.But we need to talk about Bob." Here we go.

     "Do you really like him?"she asked. I shook my head no.

     "I mean he's a nice guy, but it's just to get over Dally I guess." the thought of Dally not liking me back just made me cry more. I heard the floor creaking but I didn't pay much attention to it.

     "Hey, look, it'll be ok, just do what you feel is best for yourself, and please don't let him hurt you" she said comforting me.

     "I won't" I simply said

     "Promise?"

     "Promise" I assured her. Once she was at the door I saw Dally at the door. How much of our conversation did he hear? Act cool come on, I hate it when he sees me fragile like this. Simone said something but I didn't listen.

    "Hey sugar I'm sorry for yellin at ya down there. It's just.."he paused "He's the guy who beat Johnny real bad a few months back and I don't want that to happened to you." he said in his soothing voice. God I love when he calls me sugar. He knows I love it because we used to work at a diner and the woman there was like our mother. She'd call me sugar, sugarcube, baby, brookie, or brookie cookie. She was from the south so she had a strong southern accent. One day Dally and I walked into work and saw her dead on the floor. I remember me and Dally both crying but I cried more than he did. After he was done crying he sang me the song she always used to sing while working. I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash. I calmed down almost immediately.

     "No I should be sorry I'm being the bitch" I said still slightly crying. He sighed and started singing.

     "I keep a close watch on this heart of mine. I keep my eyes wide open all the time.I keep the ends out for the tie that binds.Because your mine."he sang

     "I walk the line"I sang crying a little less.

     "I find it very very easy to be true. I find myself alone when each day is through."he sang again.

     "Yes, I will admit I'm a fool for you" I said slightly sobbing and hugging him very tightly like my life depended on it.

     "Because your mine I walk the line"He sang in a low sexy voice as i drifted off to sleep. He had no choice but to cuddle with me because I was stuck to him like glue.Even though he's soft right now, he's still the bad boy I fell for when I was 9. Is it possible that I love him more than before?