Chapter 18

It's been a month since Dally and Lola have been in New York. Eliza is now 8 months pregnant. Pony and Rose broke up because of differences. So did Johnny and Summer. So everyone was single. I've been staying at Simones and Steve's cause last time I went over was with Simone and Soda was hooking up with some random greaser girl. We got in a fist fight and I won. He had no balls to fight his twin. I was pissed off and scared at him. He said he was sorry and had the GUTS to hookup with a random girl when he broke my BEST FRIEND'S heart. The nerve of him. He asked for the smoke. Darry broke up the fight and agreed that he deserved it. Pony and Johnny were petrified. We haven't fought at all. Even when we were younger we wouldn't hit eachother. Darry would lightly hit one of us and we would gang up on him. Right now I'm working on a 67' Chevy Impala at the DX. Soda just had to have to same time as me on Fridays. I just stayed outside in the hot summer heat and I brung a cooler full of water just so I wouldn't have to talk to Soda. It was 10 minutes before my shift ended so I just sat on my cooler and drank my water. I stared off into space until I heard footsteps in the garage. I looked up and saw Soda walking towards me. My face change from normal to pissed.

"The hell you want Sodapop" I never used his real name I just called him soda or other nicknames.

"We can keep on hating eachother forever" he said wanting me to forgive him.

"Sure we can I've been doing great this past month besides the fact I've been crying every god damn night because my brother hates my guts and the love of my life is all the way across the country in New York with his little sister who I treat like my daughter. And you know what Sodapop Curtis" I could tell people were staring but I didn't care. "Simone misses you so damn much that she cries every night like I do. We do it together cause two boys broke our hearts. Two boys broke my heart one broke hers. And it's YOUR DAMN FAULT THAT OUR HEARTS ARE FUCKING SHATTERED. I CANT GO INTO MY HOUSE WITHOUT BEING SCARED OF HIT BY YOU OR YOU MSKKNG SIMONE FEEL BAD BY BEING WITH A DIFFERENT GIRL EVERY NIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU A FUCKING MAN WHORE!?" I yelled at him on the verge of tears. He did something I've never seen him do since I went on the plane to go to New York. He broke down crying. I froze and didn't say anything else.

"I-I-I-I'm so sorry Brookyn it's just Ponyboy and Darry have been fighting way too much and I've been worrying about you and Simone. I don't even know why I took a break from her. I love her to damn much."he said sobbing. But I wasn't having it.

"The why did you sleep with other girls."his eyes widened. He must've not heard me the first time. "Yeah Darrys been telling me all the girls you've been bringing home when ur drunk. Yeah and I'm not happy. I don't know if I'll ever forgive you for breaking Simones heart like that. Even if your my twin. I do love you Soda I really do. But if you decide to stop being an asshole, I may forgive you but soda right now. I can't forgive you. I'm sorry I really am. Man up and try and fix shit between you and Simone and I'll forgive you. She's a hard one to make someone forgive. She holds grudges. I bet you didn't know that. She has a grudge on me for something that happened 10 years ago. She don't let things go away that easily. So I would grow a pair and go fix things if I were you." I said while walking to where I clock out to end my day at work. I saw Simone standing in shock in front of the door that goes to the garage. Her mouth was wide open.

"W-what was"she said in complete shock.

"Good luck. By the way I'm going to bucks for drinks go over if you want to."I told her. She said ok and was speechless. I laughed and walked over to bucks. It was only a 10 minute walk so it went by fast. Got cat-called a couple of times by socs but they were nothing. Once I got there I walked straight to the bar. "Hey bucko" I said to buck. I was a regular at bucks. I know what your thinking a 16 year old alcoholic. Yes yes I am.

"Hey Curtis" he greeted me. "What can I get'cha?" He asked.

"The whole bottle of jack daniels and can I go into Dallys room?" I asked him nicely. He knew I was very polite. He likes me because I am. He nodded.

"Whatever you want kid" I got out me wallet to pay for it but he stopped me. "This one's on me kid you look like you need it" he smiled with his kissing teeth visible in his smile. I smiled back.

"Thank you so much buck"

"Anything for you Brooke, I already told ya that I promised Winston to take care of ya" he chuckled and I laughed. I went upstairs to Dallys room and plopped down on his bed. The bed smelled like cigarettes and his cologne. His cologne was very expensive he steals it from the same store and gets away with it. It has a fresh minty smell to it. He's always smelled so good to me in my opinion. I went into his closet and grabbed my favorite sweatshirt to steal from him. His stroh's sweatshirt. It's an alcohol his mom loved. His mom grew up in Detroit. She was like a soc never really had a rough life, rich, but she was t stuck up. She moved to New York for opportunity. She met his dad on the way and they got married and had him and had his sister a year later. His sister ran away after their mom died. Her name is Kennedy Willow Winston. The only reason I remember her middle name is because her middle name was named after her mom and Dallys middle name was named after his dad. Her and I used to be good friends before we left. I look at his dresser and saw a box with Polaroid pictures in them. I got up and grabbed the box and sat back on the bed taking a sip out of the bottle. I picked up the first picture and it was Him and I on New Years kissing. He has a lot of pictures in here so it may take awhile. I looked through them and some of them were me, others were the gang. Then I got to when Dally was still in New York. He loves to take pictures with his Polaroid camera. The one picture that caught my eyes was Simone Kennedy him and I sitting on the balcony off of the winstons apartment. This photo was taken the day before she died. Cause I remember that's when Dallys dad hit him for the first time and he got arrested. His mom was like my mom that wouldn't give me up to my uncle that can barley afford to live. I started to cry. Oh the days where Dally was t as cold as he would be. He looked so much like his father. He was proud of it until his dad started to beat on him. Then I looked through the pictures of him and I on Halloween Christmas and other holidays. Then I saw something that really hurt. A picture of my mom dad soda pony and Darry. This must've been when he first came here. My parents were always welcoming. Growing up I never knew why they sent me away. But growing up I understood that they couldn't afford me. There was nothing wrong with my uncle I just missed them everyday. I started to sob. By the time I got to the photo of my family I finished the whole bottle and was very drunk. Soon enough I cried and fell asleep. But right before I fell asleep I had a gut feeling. I had a gut feeling that Dally was close. As I was drifting I felt someones arms wrap around my waist. Is that Dally?